“This is the LaQuinta by the mall -- not downtown”

La Quinta Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #50 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was a really clean property - particularly for an older "motel" setup. It is close to the mall. The people at the front desk are very accommodating, and the doors on the outside with no indoor corridors was actually very good for me because we brought our two dogs. The only downside that I could see in the 4 or 5 days we were there was that the breakfast room was always crowded - even during business days - and you had to grab your food and eat back at your room because there was no place to sit. Also, the selection on the complimentary continental breakfast was more limited than most other hotels I have visited but you could definitely find something to eat if you are hard up. The bananas were black and they ran out of everything. Plus, everyone was tripping over each other trying to make their food. However, I eat Fiber One Bars and drink coffee in my room anyway so it didn't bother me. My husband had a little trouble maneuvering through there but it was workable enough. Considering the price, the ability to bring our dogs, and the good quality of beds, pillows, towels, duvet covers, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, etc. You can just overlook how crowded the breakfast is each morning or, do what I did and bring Fiber One Bars. :)

Oh yeah, one final thought. This is the 3rd LaQuinta I have stayed in within the last couple of months and all of them -- even the very nice, newer ones all have stained bathtubs - like silver or dark gray stains -- not like dirt. I think whomever LaQuinta purchased the tubs from in bulk to put in their hotel chains really should be sued because that is the only fault we can ever find in LaQuinta's hotels but it is, without fail, always there. The first time I saw it, I thought it was dirty but now I realize that it is some sort of manufacturer's defect.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kdanielson2011

Reviewed January 1, 2012

This is an older property with rooms opening to the outside (no indoor corridors). I'm not a fan of these motels normally but this one is a great value. The rooms & restrooms were very clean. The breakfast area in the lobby is not very large. It was crowded on the morning we tried to eat breakfast so we didn't stay. We were traveling & only stayed one night. It was well worth the economical price we paid!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Hotel was ok and very convenient to Hamilton place mall, local restaurants and the Hamilton YMCA. Room was ok, small but clean...bed were good and felt newer. Bathroom was small and the worst part of the room with visible rust in the tub/shower. Internet was spotty and very slow. I am not a big fan of motels with no inner hotel area and was not familiar with La quinta's set up this way. Breakfast was the standard conteniental with hot waffles, cereal, toast, muffins, and cold/hot cereals.. Staff was generally friendly when making an inquiry but during breakfast some staff and workers took over the breakfast area and were loud...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Just to get it out of the way, this is an older hotel w/outer corridors, not inside hallways. Saving that, this LQ is a fantastic value. It's probably $20-50 cheaper than surrounding hotels, but the rooms are well cared for, the beds comfortable w/duvets and fluffy pillows, really nice plasma flat screen TVs, plenty of space and very clean. There isn't a counter in the accessible room's bathroom, but there is a shelf above the commode that's handy. The roll in shower has a sturdy, built-in bench. Breakfast was good, quite a bit nicer than your standard "continental," with waffles, hard boiled eggs and lots of bagels, breads and cereals. The staff (especially Ashley!) are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. This is a great hotel for a stop-over on your way in or out of Chattanooga (its about 15 minutes out of downtown).

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 19, 2011

First off if your a young couple you WILL get treated different!! If your not an AARP member or have diamonds hanging off your neck you will get treated as a poor person whose there for the free breakfast. My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week because we have two big dogs. We were looking for a place to live in the Chattanooga area so we were gone most of the day and went to bed early. The hotel attendant called our room at 1 am on a Friday night complaining that our dogs were being to loud... We had just gotten back from a walk with the dogs. If you have big dogs make sure you tell them or they will stick you on the top floor and complain about your "loud" dogs. I also reserved a room with a credit card online for a microwave and mini fridge. Had no microwave and had to pay for our invisible microwave then they said since we were so disturbing to other guest we could not receive a refund. The lady downstairs looked like she belonged in a bar not a hotel. We will never be back and I hope we did not make the wrong decision to move to this town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank KHOOV
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We were looking to save some money during a a simple overnight stop. We used priceline to get a really low rate and knew we were choosing an economy level motel. The facilities were reasonably modern, very clean and well maintained, and conveniently located. Everything was in good condition and worked well. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice. The complimentary breakfast was adequate and provided additional value. The area is near the city's largest mall - which offers shopping and many many restaurant choices including the more upscale chains. Downtown was about ten minutes away. Since we just needed a place to sleep, this was a great value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tnmarky
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I asked for a non smoking room, and arrived at 11PM. The room was fine, but stunk like stale cigarettes and I mean it was awful. I should have read the reviews for this hotel but have always have had good luck with La Quinta and often travel with my dog. Not worth the money! The facility and breakfast were nice enough, just the room smelled terrible.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo