“Cheap rate BUT ..........”

La Quinta Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #50 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed December 27, 2007

We stayed here at the end of July for a quick trip to Chatt. w/ the kids. Aquarium, children's museum & I-Max were all fun. Wish I could say the same about this hotel. It needed some TLC & a major cleaning!
The room was NOT cleaned very well ~ soap scum on shelves & ledges in tub, hair in tub & on vanity. Room needed to be vacuumed. The door to the room had a thick layer of filth on it and the walkways & stairwells were dirty & littered w/ trash.
I seriously considered calling the Health dept. on the swimming pool. The water level was ridiculously low. One ladder was extremely wobbly & missing the top step completely. Tiles were coming off from around the sides. One of our toys went into the strainer. We opened the top & found other toys, swim noodle pieces & a HUGE glob of hair! While at the pool we met another couple staying in a "suite" w/ their 3 kids & they had the same complaints about their room. They also found a piece of cake smashed in the sheets of the fold-out couch.
We got through our stay at the hotel. Twice we went to the front desk to say something about the situation & found no one there. Once home I was reviewing our credit card statement on line & found that they charged me 2x for the hotel room. I called the hotel directly. The lady I spoke to was very apologetic & nice. I also told her about our stay & the dirty condition of the room & overall hotel. She once again apologized & refunded the incorrect charge & the correct charge for our stay. She also agreed that the hotel was in need of a facelift & that it was going to get one by year's end. I sure hope so.
In conclusion, the rate was cheap & even better as free. BUT.... we were very disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Budget-Minded

Reviewed August 31, 2007

They advertise as "pet friendly" but there is NO green space! None, nada, ziltch. We found a 3ft wide but sloped area that divided hotel
property parking lots. Our pup had a hard time keeping his balance. There was fecal matter all over the parking lot. If you are pet friendly, be pet FRIENDLY. The hotel carpet was highly stained but expected when pet's are allowed. The room was fairly clean and had strong smell of disinfectant but there was a lot of dog hair on the floor and comforter. There is a cluster of hotels and they all were pet friendly. They were more expensive but I don't know if they were any better. Good thing we were only passing through.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gulfcoastcoolcouple
Reviewed August 10, 2007

Went on a weekend trip to Chattanooga with my dog in tow and chose the La Quinta because it is listed as being a pet friendly hotel. This was not the case. But let me start at the beginning....

As another traveller said, it is a construction site and the drive up to the hotel is horrible with potholes, construction debris, the list in endless. Once we got into our room it wasn't that great. we have been staying in several La Quinta's over the last two months for different get aways and have had great service. The room wasn't as clean as it could be. Our bathroom had moldy walls and the tub really needed to be replaced. The beds also certainly left something to be desired...if you are expecting fluffy pillows forget it, the pancakes at IHOP are fluffier.

But, all of these things are minor in comparison to what they did to my dog. While in Chattanooga we went to visit some of the local attractions and they weren't pet friendly so we left the dog in the hotel room for a few hours. We couldn't locate a "Do Not Disturb" sign, but had had experience in the past that when they heard him bark they would simply leave clean towels and go away. Not the case. They entered the room, but did not clean it. They barely made the beds, they didn't wash the bathroom and left dirty towels on the floor. Instead they decided to take the orange juice that was left in a bottle on the night stand and pour it all of over my dog. Yes, pour it on the dog. It was probably more like throw the liquid through the gate on his kennel, but that's what they did. I am appalled at this because they publicize that they are pet friendly. Not at all. When told of what had happened the clerk at the front desk gave a funny look and said they must have accidently dropped the juice. That couldn't have been the case because the bottles were still there on the opposite side of the room from where they were left.

Pet owners BEWARE! I highly recommend that you find another pet friendly hotel in the Chattanooga area before booking a night at the La Quinta.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeannette B
Reviewed July 19, 2007

We were so disappointed with our stay this year. There is major building work going on in front of the hotel with th new Hampton Inn going in. The trouble was that we felt we were an inconvenience...the driveway leading up to the hotel was in a really bad way with potholes and building debris.When we mentioned this to the hotel they said it was'nt their responsibility!They did'nt tell us it was this bad before we booked and we said that they should warn guests about the construction,this together with noisy other guests made our stay miserable.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank 123,426
Reviewed April 20, 2007

This La Quinta is just a bit better than a Super 8 motel or a Motel 6. There was very audible plumbing noise from nearby rooms which may wake you in the morning. The room itself was very small and contained a queen size bed. There was also a 25" color TV with good selection of cable channels. Iron and board included really helped. Free wireless internet if you brought your laptop. The free breakfast ends at 9 a.m. so I never tried it, since I didn't feel like getting completely dressed and going to the lobby at that hour. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. There is construction going on (apparently to another hotel with which they share the driveway), so better to request a room in the back of the hotel to avoid any noise. Overall OK, but nothing special and I would probably try another place next time in Chattanooga.

• Stayed: April 2007
4  Thank maynard7
Reviewed February 26, 2007

I got a pretty good package deal w/ a flight and 2 nights stay at La Quinta. It was $100 cheaper to do than than get a flight alone. (!!!). I have stayed at a couple of La Quinta's and like them. The breakfasts are pretty good and fresh. They always have free hi-speed internets access (very important to me as a laptop junkie), and the places are usually comfy and clean. This was not different. Biggest drawbacks were the view (a concrete wall -- beautiful!) and the smell -- I think they had just recently painted. But no harm done, considering the deal I got. Was there in the winter so had no use for the pool, but good perk for the price. Location very near airport, but not downtown -- would have preferred a place closer to downtown (the best part of Chattanooga!) but if that doesn't matter to you, this could be the place.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank phyrn
Reviewed November 26, 2006

Stayed at La Quinta over the Thanksgiving Week. Stayed in a room with a kingsized bed. Clean. Bathroom large. Room old but mostly well maintained (some discoloration or mold on bathroom wall) but for the most part, very adequate. Stayed with Priceline a year ago but was put into a tiny room. Paid $15 more and got a larger room. Good bargain for the area at $59 compared to other properties that were $89 to $139. Walked around and saw a suite with full kitchen...looked very nice for longer stays. Staff at counter very non-chalant and acted bored. Maids helpful and pleasant.