“Really surprized”

MainStay Suites
Ranked #30 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Really surprized”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The room clean, the staff was very nice, WE felt very comfortable

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bulldog6200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Forsyth, Georgia
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Clean is right and a priority for us on family vacations. This MainStay Suites met our number one priority, no problems! I had never stayed at a MainStay Suite but it certainly made it helpful to save money and enjoy our time in Chattanooga. The kitchen area was immaculate! We were able to cook in our room for dinner to save a few extra dollars. However, if you wanted to eat out, there are some great restaurants within walking distance.

The staff was really good and always friendly. Because we were only in for a few nights, we didn't see much of the staff. They were helpful at breakfast when some of the food ran out but they jumped right on it. Wouldn't hesitate to come back again or suggest it to other families.

Room Tip: Third floor is non-smoking so be sure to request it if this is a concern.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jedipastorken
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed here while looking for a new place to live.

As other reviewers have stated, it exceeded my expectations. The staff was very accomodating during our stay. The room was quiet and clean. Guest laundry was available near our room as well (1st floor). Rates are very reasonable. If you book via a travel agency rather than Choice, confirm you have a non-smoking room guaranteed. We booked a smoking room, but the staff was kind enough to change us to a non-smoking.

This is the extended stay brand from Choice. They have some good options for breakfast, including hot oatmeal. Yum. They are conveniently located next to a Texas Roadhouse, and a plethora of other restaurants are nearby on Shallowford Rd/Hamilton Place area, including mellow mushroom, fuji steak/sushi, ocharleys, cracker barrel, and a fresh market grocery. This is really a hidden gem on the I-75 side of Chattanooga. Great price and clean rooms - fundamental to a great stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank WhatDoesTheAtlasSay
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My company had us stay here for about four months. We loved it and had no complaints. Over the months, many other employees came and went and they all liked it as well. We became friends with the staff, they were never too busy to assist with anything! Randy, Walter, Katie and Deeann are great! I liked coming in from work on Tuesdays where they'd have a meal for all guest. The location is perfect, right next to many eateries; I walked to them sometimes. I felt safe enough to do so. As far as the homeless on I-75, they don't bother nobody. Anyways, this hotel welcomes large groups, and people that travel with their pet. If you're looking for a place, give this one a call, they can give you a good rate, especially for companies staying for a month or more.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Brownsuga81
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I give this a 4 because I base my reviews off of my prior expectation. Obviously a 4 here is not the same as a 4 on the Vegas Strip. That said, I expected a run down hotel, being the Mainstay Suites, and I am about to check out happier than I thought. The location feels very safe, despite being a few blocks away from what I'm told isn't a spectacular area (from the clerk at Bi-Lo). The parking lot is large and well lit.

The room itself is basically a studio apartment, with a full kitchen (except no oven), with a full sized fridge, dishwasher, stove, and even a set of dishes and silverware. The bed was pretty comfortable, and the TV was adequate. Appliances weren't super quiet, and the fridge kept making some kind of clanking sound. The walls are pretty thin, so you can occasionally hear stuff next door, and walking down the hall will give you an idea of what everyone is watching on TV. Breakfast exceeded what I expected. A couple of reviews had said that it was subpar, probably because they expected people to use the kitchens in the rooms, but that's not what I saw. Breakfast included waffles, cereal, yogurt, and fruit (which is more than I can say for some Comfort Inns I've stayed at lately).

Overall, you probably know what you're getting into when you stay here. You're not going to be pampered, and it's not a luxury hotel, but it's safe, acceptably comfortable, and the staff were incredibly nice, so what more can you really ask for?

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sestevens
La Crosse
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The location is great, although quite busy with traffic across the interstate in the mall area.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, accomodations clean and nicely furnished with updated items. Even a dishwasher for the 2 place settings and pans provided.
Very quiet considering the close proximity to I-75.
My 30 day stay was very pleasant and they even held my mail for me after I relocated.
I travel 6-9 mos/ yr and this has been the best experience I have had.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank travelerCOTAPTA
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The hotel was very clean staff was nice. The location was the best close to shops and mall plus right off I 75

• Stayed December 2011