“Would definitely stay here again”

Sleep Inn Shallowford
Ranked #57 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My room was clean, comfortable, and well decorated, the hotel staff was fast and friendly at check-in and check-out, and noise levels in the evenings, even during a fairly busy holiday weekend, were minimal. There are numerous places to eat within walking distance, and the hotel is practically minutes away from Downtown Chattanooga and the major tourist spots. I'm rating this hotel as Excellent for its price range and star rating, and I would definitely stay here again when I'm in the Chattanooga area.

Room Tip: If you have a first floor room there is a chance you can literally park right outside your window if...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
gmjima, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Sir Thank you for your many fine comments about our property Hope to see you in the near future You have made my day Jim Antesberger GM

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Price was right, breakfast was decent, room was clean, shower was hot, area was nice, there is a Waffle House in walking distance. No upcharge for two beds. Perfect for a quick stay as we journeyed to tampa.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
gmjima, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for your many fine comments. Its nice to see that our efforts are recognized Thank You On your next trip to Chattanooga we hope you will stop by. Jim Antesberger GM

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Visited Chattanooga for the weekend to attend a dance competition - selected this Sleep Inn to be in an area with several restaurant and shopping choices. This hotel was great! The staff was very friendly, breakfast was very good with a variety of items, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I will return to this hotel, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
gmjima, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for your many fine comments. It was greatly appreciated jim Antesberger GM

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we are driving south to Tampa, FL. The hotel was very clean and well kept. The location is convenient. The staff was pleasant. There are at least 6 good restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast was not as good as some Choice properties we have stayed at. There were make your own waffles but apart from them the only hot item was sausage patties. Everything else was standard cold breakfast fare. the only thing that marred our stay was a fire alarm at 8 p.m. which had us out of our rooms for about a half hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
gmjima, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank You for your kind words Hope to see you again jima gm

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Dated hotel at a good price. Very clean in a good location. Bed was very hard to me and I did not sleep good But my husband said he slept fine. I could have just been mad that my Tide lost lol. Great shower, average breakfast. We used a hotel coupon book and got a good value for $55 +tax. It's a clean place to sleep for the price.

Stayed: January 2014

If you give us another chance I promise to be better than average Jim A GM

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My Mom & I were in town on a personal matter that took us to this area repeated times. While we were there, we decided to get in some overdue shopping. This location cannot be beat for a good night's sleep while being in the heart of everything anyone could want on a shopping trip. We, too, felt safe. Since there is an elevator, I agree that one might prefer a top floor room if many guests are in the hotel, due to noise from people walking above you, though. This breakfast includes waffles, more than some Sleep Inns have offered me. I, also, was given the lower rate upon check-in; and even though there is a $1.50 charge quoted upon check-in if one uses the safe, I told them upon checkout that I had enjoyed using my safe and gladly looked forward to paying for the availability of the service. Instead, I was told that this one time to consider it one of my benefits of my Choice Privileges membership and I would not be charged. My 78-year-old mother and I found this motel to be very comfortable, and we expect to stay again if circumstances allow.

Also, this is the 2nd time we stayed in the area, and we HIGHLY recommend a trip down Lee Hwy. (go rt. on Shallowford leaving the motel, then immediately rt. on Lee) to the City Café in the Best Western, Heritage, on your left. It is open 24 hrs. a day with some of the best entrees, sandwiches (a Monte Cristo to die for!), and huge, show-stopping desserts money can buy. Don't go home without trying the City Café!

Room Tip: We stayed in 109, but will choose an elevator ride to the top floor next time when more people are t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us I will pass along your comments to the staff Hope to see you in the near future jima GM

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Just needed a single night while traveling. Phone call on the road said room would be $69. However on check in the clerk said she would provide it for $59:) Thanks:)

Sleep Inn rooms are clean, comfortable. They have a distinguished shower "pod" that allows a large shower space yet takes less room than a traditional hotel bathroom. This is probably a way for the chain to get more rooms per square foot.

Breakfast is included which is key for family travel.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank John B

Thank you for our excellent scores Our goal is a clean comfortable room at a great price Glad you wer pleased Jim A GM