“The room was worth the price!”

Sleep Inn Shallowford
Ranked #53 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel was very decent. I visited with my family, with 2 children. The rooms were up to par, clean, look just like the advertised pictures online. The breakfast was nice. It Had your basic waffles, muffins, cereal&milk. Overall, it was nice and I would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013
gmjima, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shallowford, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Jim Antesberger
Sleep Inn, Chattanooga
423-894-5333

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Shallowford

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The entire hotel was run down, rooms were smelly, the staff is completely rude and disrespectful of guests. I had issues with the hotel because they lost my reservation and the staff was completely uncooperative and flat out rude to me and my group. I will never stay at this hotel again and recommend others to find another place.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ThuhDuck
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I tried this property since it was cheaper than my normal motel in the area. The front desk staff were personable, welcoming me to the motel. He checked me in quickly, telling me about the breakfast.

My room was neat and clean. The room had a flatscreen TV, small refrigerator, and coffee maker. There was no microwave in the room. The bed was quite comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast had fewer selections than other breakfasts. Biscuits and gravy were not available. Choices were cereal, pastries, muffins, bagels and waffles. The breakfast area was very small with three tables and a bar in the breakfast area, then another table by the elevator.

Checkout was quick even though the front desk staff was also trying to keep the breakfast items stocked up.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DennisWright
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our family stayed here for one night to visit the Aquarium. We were all very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and lobby area. Cannot comment on breakfast ,we did not eat breakfast..just had coffee. The gentleman at the front desk was very cheerful and helpful. We have stayed at Sleep Inns in other cities but really liked this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is very run down and dirty and no one seems to care. There is visible dirt and grime on the floors in the lobby and throughout the hotel. The carpet in the room where we stayed had not been vacuumed in the space between the bed and the walls in a very long time. The furniture, walls and floors are all dirty and worn. I tried to say something to the manager and clerk at the front desk when I checked out but they just sorta stared at me and said they would tell the owner - whatever that meant. The manager did become a bit defensive when I went to the stairs in front of him with a white napkin and rubbed dirt off of ledge and showed him. He told me they have a high satisfaction rating and I told him I was a aware of the ratings because that is how I based my decision on whether or not to stay there. I question the authenticity of the reviews that are out there. This was the second time we stayed at this hotel for one night passing through on the way to vacation in Florida. When we stayed there a year ago it was questionable, but we decided to give them another chance based on recent reviews. They also debited my charge card for the cost of the room, even though the room was prepaid through Priceline. We got the room for $90 and it was a rip-off. When I called from vacation to complain about the charge on my account, the same manager did not even ask my name, he just told me "it happens." A few days later, the charge showed that it had been reimbursed to my account - but it never should have been taken in the first place. The whole experience was a bit shady and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Last thing, there was a rotten apple in the bowl on the counter at breakfast. The entire breakfast area was dirty and the bagels and muffins were old and cold. There was absolutely no one monitoring the area. We bypassed it and wished that we had bypassed this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay there until they get there act together.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night while traveling from Wisconsin to Florida. The room and beds are very small so not ideal for more than 1 night for a family of 4 (with 2 teens). The room was clean and included basic amenities. The breakfast was poor with limited choices. I probably would select another hotel in the area before I would come back to the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Make sure of the room you are getting when you make your reservation. We used Priceline and either we made a mistake or the system did. We were initially given a small room with one DOUBLE bed. I didn't know you could get those anymore! When we told the clerk this was unsatisfactory he was accommodating. He found a room with two queens with no uptick in costs. The problem: it was a smoking room. He said there was nothing else available. I don't know what criteria they use to determine availability, but the hotel was nearly empty. Febreeze and an open window helped. The hotel isn't all that great as far as the quality of the facilities, but it's OK if you get a good price--and the right room. Mattress was good; breakfast is mediocre.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple