“Perfectly ok place to stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #40 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
london
“Perfectly ok place to stay”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Its just another Hampton on the edge of town just off an Interstate. The area its in is fine, I don't know what people are on about. You get a view of a massive Walmart across the road, but so what? Easy to get to Lookout Mountain attractions, and downtown [apart from traffic jam caused by accident in our case]. Rooms pretty big, just what you'd expect. Breakfast area way too cramped for when hotel is full though, and carpark was overfull [largely because of so many people with boats using 2/3 spaces]. Nearby Fireside steakhouse was good, but tricky to spot.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Bad location. Not close to any good eating places. This Hampton Inn was such a disappointment. Bed was terrible. Small, flat pillows. Floor wasn't clean. We'll never stop there again!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fayeken
atlanta ga
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed one night because they were all booked for the next night. Some type of convention or something. The staff was very helpful in telling us where everything was and how to get there and what to do there. They have a buffet that we didn't take part in because there was just too many people down there picking over everything. It was my husband and 11 year old and we stayed in the King Suite with sofabed. Same room separated by a wall. Microwave, fridge and two tvs. Very clean, bed wasn't soft but wasn't extremely hard either and didn't have the normal hotel bedspread on it which I liked. Tons of pillows. Oh very, very small pool. I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend in July. The hotel is very nice and very clean. It is in a slightly rough part of town but the hotel feels very safe. It is very convenient to downtown, but you can save 100-150$ per night by staying here. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The pool (although oddly shaped) is very nice and actually seems pretty private. The decor in the hotel seems a bit dated, but the hotel doesn't "feel old."
While staying in Chattanooga, be sure to stop by The Georgia Winery in Ringgold, GA. It is well worth the 15 minute drive.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I booked this using Hilton points a couple days before passing through the area. It was 25k points, however if I had it to do over, I'd probably spend the extra 5k for the Homewood Suites, just to get in a better part of town. I've stayed at better places for less points.

When we got there, there were several men doing remodeling on our floor and we had to weave our way around them. They were gone by 5pm or so.

Overall, not a bad hotel, however I didn't care too much for the location. As a single woman traveling with a young girl, it made me a little nervous - its never a good sign where there is an 6 or 8-ft tall fence around the property with barbed wire on the top. Also found it interesting that there were 2 squad cars and an unmarked car hanging out in the gas station 2 blocks away that I stopped at to fill up with gas (I made my daughter stay in the car at that station and got out of there as soon as I could - I wasn't sure what was going down.). Plus it was a challenge to get to with all the one-way streets and turns. Thank goodness for GPS!

Once you got inside the hotel, it was great. The staff were wonderful ("Ben" was helpful, friendly and very courteous, and the lady running the breakfast was perfect for the job - chatty and friendly, not obnoxious and clingy - plus she made great bacon!!!). The elevator was slow and made some interesting noises (like most Hampton's), lobby was clean and inviting, rooms were typical of the brand, although a bit oddly shaped (traffic jam between the door to the room and bathroom door.) Toiletries were less than I was used too... no shower cap, makeup remover or ear plugs (not that we really needed them, but many Hamptons have these). Bed of course was wonderful. Breakfast was typical Hampton, although they didn't have sausage gravy for the biscuits, which was unusual in my experience. However they did have a little bagel breakfast pizza which I hadn't seen before. It was very good. Wish more Hamptons would have that.

Overall its a nice hotel once you make it through the door. It's just the neighborhood that turned me off. Not sure if I'd stay there again. Perhaps if it was at 15k points, I would, but probably not again at 25k.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Lmeam
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Spent one night here with spouse last night. Location is hard to reach if you don't pay attention getting off I-24, but otherwise had no complaints about the area. It used to be an industrial area that is seeing revitalization. Had no worries about safety at all.

Check-in was fast and quick. She was very friendly and welcoming. Upgraded us to a suite (separate tv and sofa room). Room had all the new Hampton bedding and amenities. Was spacious and had plenty of light to read by at night. Nice LG tvs in both rooms. Had an armoire instead of the hidden closet you see in some newer properties.

Breakfast was typical except there were no waffles! They did had omelets, biscuits/gravy, fruit, pastries/breads, cereals, etc.

Hotel is about 15 blocks south of downtown convention area so if you want to be close it's not the location you want. But, if you want peace and quiet, you'll be happy. We were.

• Stayed July 2010
Atlanta
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I am currently in the Hampton Inn now writing this review. I am extremely disappointed in this hotel overall. The out side of the building is out dated. The surrounding area is seedy at best. Our room is more like a motel instead of a hotel. Old fashioned lights attached to the walls and hair that did not belong to me in the restroom. I would never stay here again and would never recommend any one I liked or dislike to stay here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family