“Great Value for a Chattanooga Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #40 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Value for a Chattanooga Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend in July. The hotel is very nice and very clean. It is in a slightly rough part of town but the hotel feels very safe. It is very convenient to downtown, but you can save 100-150$ per night by staying here. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The pool (although oddly shaped) is very nice and actually seems pretty private. The decor in the hotel seems a bit dated, but the hotel doesn't "feel old."
While staying in Chattanooga, be sure to stop by The Georgia Winery in Ringgold, GA. It is well worth the 15 minute drive.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

I booked this using Hilton points a couple days before passing through the area. It was 25k points, however if I had it to do over, I'd probably spend the extra 5k for the Homewood Suites, just to get in a better part of town. I've stayed at better places for less points.

When we got there, there were several men doing remodeling on our floor and we had to weave our way around them. They were gone by 5pm or so.

Overall, not a bad hotel, however I didn't care too much for the location. As a single woman traveling with a young girl, it made me a little nervous - its never a good sign where there is an 6 or 8-ft tall fence around the property with barbed wire on the top. Also found it interesting that there were 2 squad cars and an unmarked car hanging out in the gas station 2 blocks away that I stopped at to fill up with gas (I made my daughter stay in the car at that station and got out of there as soon as I could - I wasn't sure what was going down.). Plus it was a challenge to get to with all the one-way streets and turns. Thank goodness for GPS!

Once you got inside the hotel, it was great. The staff were wonderful ("Ben" was helpful, friendly and very courteous, and the lady running the breakfast was perfect for the job - chatty and friendly, not obnoxious and clingy - plus she made great bacon!!!). The elevator was slow and made some interesting noises (like most Hampton's), lobby was clean and inviting, rooms were typical of the brand, although a bit oddly shaped (traffic jam between the door to the room and bathroom door.) Toiletries were less than I was used too... no shower cap, makeup remover or ear plugs (not that we really needed them, but many Hamptons have these). Bed of course was wonderful. Breakfast was typical Hampton, although they didn't have sausage gravy for the biscuits, which was unusual in my experience. However they did have a little bagel breakfast pizza which I hadn't seen before. It was very good. Wish more Hamptons would have that.

Overall its a nice hotel once you make it through the door. It's just the neighborhood that turned me off. Not sure if I'd stay there again. Perhaps if it was at 15k points, I would, but probably not again at 25k.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Lmeam
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

Spent one night here with spouse last night. Location is hard to reach if you don't pay attention getting off I-24, but otherwise had no complaints about the area. It used to be an industrial area that is seeing revitalization. Had no worries about safety at all.

Check-in was fast and quick. She was very friendly and welcoming. Upgraded us to a suite (separate tv and sofa room). Room had all the new Hampton bedding and amenities. Was spacious and had plenty of light to read by at night. Nice LG tvs in both rooms. Had an armoire instead of the hidden closet you see in some newer properties.

Breakfast was typical except there were no waffles! They did had omelets, biscuits/gravy, fruit, pastries/breads, cereals, etc.

Hotel is about 15 blocks south of downtown convention area so if you want to be close it's not the location you want. But, if you want peace and quiet, you'll be happy. We were.

• Stayed July 2010
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

I am currently in the Hampton Inn now writing this review. I am extremely disappointed in this hotel overall. The out side of the building is out dated. The surrounding area is seedy at best. Our room is more like a motel instead of a hotel. Old fashioned lights attached to the walls and hair that did not belong to me in the restroom. I would never stay here again and would never recommend any one I liked or dislike to stay here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

This is located on I-24 at Lookout Mountain. Just a few minutes from Downtown. Updated rooms with better beds. Staff the usual friendly people and breakfast was normal Hampton Inn flair. The outside of the building is outdated, but inside they fixed it up. Rooms are usually under $90. Always stay downtown. But if you can't get the rate you need or room you need, this is a good alternative if you are on Hilton points.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

We stayed here for a weekend in Chattanooga with the kids (2 kids, 2 adults). We arrived late, they had the reservation, were very nice, etc. The hotel was clean, we stayed in a room with a king and a pullout couch. Breakfast was good for what it was, and they have tea/coffee/hot chocolate available 24/7. It was kind of hard to find - with the directions from the hotel and the directions from google - but we found it without too many wrong turns (you can see it from the highway, if you're looking for it) - just take 24 towards Lookout Mountain. It was a short drive to either downtown or the choo choo - where you can then take the bus to downtown. And a short ride to lookout mountain and the attractions there. Overall - good for what it is, an inexpensive hotel close to stuff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

We just got back from the Hampton Inn/Lookout Mtn. and had a very pleasant stay. Like the other reviewers said, this hotel is not in the best part of town, but we didn't have a security guard nor did we notice any "crack heads or homeless". The hotel is very convenient to downtown - only about 5-10 min. from the riverfront and the aquarium - and it's half the price of the downtown hotels. Also convenient to Lookout Mtn attractions.

The staff was extremely pleasant to deal with. No problems with checking in. Our room was in great shape. We had one of the 2 queen bed room with the sofabed. Very clean and comfortable. Our room was located on one of the end wings close to the interstate & I wondered about road noise, but didn't find it to be a problem. With the a/c running and the insulated windows, you really couldn't hear much of the traffic outside.

The breakfast was o.k. Nothing spectacular, but dependable, just like the other Hampton Inns we have visited.

All in all, a very nice stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family