“Really friendly. Really close to downtown. Really cheap”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #41 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Really friendly. Really close to downtown. Really cheap”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Me and a few friends spent 3 nights here and it was perfect. The rooms were clean. Bathrooms up to date. Small fridge and microwave along with a very nice flat screen tv.
Breakfast had a great variety. Cereals, meats, waffles, bagels, fruits, & yogurts.
The pool was kept clean and has a lift into the pool for those who need help.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Evan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely nice...the breakfast was very good and close to alot of good restaurantsin stores and not far from Ruby Falls aquarium... most definitely would stay at this motel again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lisa E
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel was great for the quick stay. The rooms were really nice. The breakfast was really great for being included in our stay! The staff was happy and helpful! The location was ideal for everything we had to do!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Autumn B
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great from the quality, price, and customer service although the location is not the best. Everyone I encountered from the moment I walked in was extremely pleasant and helpful. I didn't have a reservation and yet Tammy was extremely helpful and quick. Although our room wouldn't be ready until 4 she offered to call me when our room would be ready so we could do a early checkin. This was so helpful especially since my daughter's and I had been on the road for over 11 hrs. Once we got in the room it was nice, big and clean. It also had a fridge and microwave for added convenience. Breakfast was good nice variety and yet again everyone was so pleasant. I would definitely return to this establishment! Kudos on a job well done!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sabrina D
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been traveling to Chattanooga for years and just recently tried this hotel. It is less expensive than other hotels in downtown Chattanooga and I find it to be a much better nights rest. It has no excess noise and it has great beds and pillows. An added benefit is that the City Cafe will deliver to your room and they have an extensive menu full of great food. The complimentary breakfast is better than most and the staff is always friendly and professional.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ricky768
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel is very clean and crisp looking. The staff was friendly and eager to help. The rooms were clean and plenty roomy with a king bed, a couch, and coffee table. Nice TV and fridge. I believe I stayed at this hotel once when it was a Hampton and liked it then.

The bed was great and I had the best night's sleep I've had in a while. The room was quiet and the temperature held a a pleasant level.

The hotel is pet friendly but they charge $35.00 for the pet (I only stayed one night so I don't know if that is a one time or nightly fee (check on-line).

Breakfast was average. On Saturday morning the whole hotel seemed to come to breakfast at the same time and the room was crowded and they were temporarily out of some items. They had sausage, eggs, french toast, cereal, breads and sweet rolls and the like.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve B
Maryville, TN
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I just returned from a 2 night stay at this location. My husband has been on a job in Nashville, our home is in the Knoxville area and our son goes to school in Chattanooga so this location was a nice happy medium for all of us to get together. The hotel was somewhat difficult for me to find when I exited I-24 west. Some of the street signs are hidden behind tree limbs and other signs so I drove around in circles for about 5 minutes, but finally I found the hotel. If you are looking for a hotel that is close to different restaurants, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a hotel that is centrally located to the downtown area (aquarium, I-Max theater, multiple restaurants) and to the Incline Railway and Rock City, this is definitely a hotel for you.

When I entered the hotel I was pleased with the appearance of the lobby area. The young lady, Michelle, at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. I felt she was truly happy with her job and excited to greet the guest.

Our room was room # 326. This room was located at the end of the hall furthest from the interstate so there was no traffic/truck noise. The door handle to the room could use some work. After swiping the card to enter the room, the door would not open if the handle was pulled down. It would only open if the handle was pulled up, and sometimes it would take 2 to 3 times to get the door to open. The room was clean and odor free, but somewhat small. The furniture included a king-size bed, 2 night stands and a sofa on one side of the room. It was freshly painted with a dark brown contrast wall. The opposite side of the room included a table to place luggage that was butted up against an entertainment center, that was butted up a wardrobe, that was butted up against a desk. This room was entirely too small for all this furniture, and the wardrobe was downright ugly; it did not match any other furniture in the room. The carpet appeared new and the ceramic tile floor in the bathroom was pretty. The bathroom itself was spotless. The bathroom towels were soft and absorbent. The bed was comfortable and came with 5 comfortable pillows. The worst part of this room was the a/c unit...it was pathetic. The unit appeared to be a new unit, but the "high" setting barely blew out any air and we kept the thermostat set on 66 degrees. We kept the curtains pulled during the day of our 2nd night's stay thinking that this might help keep some of the heat out, but we still slept under a sheet only that night. The fan ran continuously, but when the a/c kicked on, it ran about 2 minutes then shut off. This a/c unit definitely needs some attention.

The hallways were very warm and stuffy feeling. The hall carpet was rather tacky and in front of the elevator on the 3rd floor it was very worn. The breakfast area was very large and breakfast was probably the best I have ever seen at a hotel. In addition to all the fresh fruit, toast, cereals, and Belgian waffles, there was smoked sausages, Canadian bacon slices, biscuits and gravy and other choices. It was very nice and well maintained.

The pool (outdoors) was clean with a clean deck. The pool furniture could use some attention because it is old, faded and the plastic strapping is broken or missing. Fresh pool towels are available at the front desk at your request.

The elevator permit states that this location is a "Hampton Inn" so maybe this hotel was previously owned by a different chain.

I would return to this location again because it was definitely clean and well staffed, but I would hope to see some continued improvements in the ventilation system in the halls and rooms and the pool furniture.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple