“Great for a quick trip to Chattanooga”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great place to stay for a one night stay. Very clean, updated rooms and lobby, good breakfast, convenient location, friendly staff. Great value. We did not hear any noise from the traffic on the interstate.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank AlanandCarla

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed 1 night at this location. It is right off I-24 and very convenient. I know other reviewers commented about the "area" - but we had no issues. It was quiet, clean, and TONS of television channels to choose from.

While it's not a newer Comfort Inn - there's nothing wrong with this location. The breakfast for us consisted of cereal options, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, gravy and biscuits - not to mention juice, milk, and coffee all day long.

We were very comfortable in our 2 queen room - and would DEFINITELY stay there again.

It's about a 2-4 minute trip to downtown Chattanooga. Broad street is right around the corner for this hotel. The only advantage of staying in a hotel downtown -is IF you can get the room for under $100 / night - and don't have to pay parking downtown - but an all day pass is only $9 - so based upon what they charge downtown - I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank defore4735
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I normally google the area of a hotel, read all reviews from several sites and research how centrally located I will be in a hotel. On a last minute decision, I was driving and had my daughter google hotels close to the TN Aquarium....... All the downtown hotels were close but +$150 per night is ridiculous! Found this Comfort Inn and booked online $69. Arrived about 8pm checked in, halls smelled bad and elevator took my breath every time. Oh, and I didn't mention that this is a pet friendly hotel. As my daughter read reviews quickly to me she said one posted that one floor was pet friendly......its the entire hotel. I'm itching some as I type this..... Its late, we stay, and I remember i have a discount card....the guy at the front added it and changed my price! Yeah me and thank to him, who didn't act irritated or anything. He was service with a smile!
No smell in the room, looked nice, carpet as expected, beds sleep okay, bathroom nice and spacious, fridge and micro with plenty of space to out things. NOISY air conditioner unit and noise from the interstate and paper thin walls.....think we r next to some type of suite or residence with little kids (no number on the door but was left cracked and we heard kids for a few hours).
According to my google, we r close to several things we wanted to do. If anything changes, I will add later.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank momrnc
Rakia H, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn Downtown Lookout Mountain.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Housekeeping and the front desk to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Chattanooga.

Kind Regards,

Rakia Haynes
Comfort Inn-Chattanooga
423-265-0077

Reviewed April 7, 2014

had been looking for a place to stay near downtown and also Lookout Mountain. We were trying to stay at a Choice property to get our two nights for a free one. Glad we did. James at the front desk was very helpful with directions. This was about 2 miles from downtown, and about two miles from the road to go up to Rock City. There is very little around the hotel and I was concerned about safety. James said they had a security person on duty at night and I really never felt worried, even when coming back in the dark. The price was super (57$ plus tax with AAA). the beds were comfy and the room was clean. Breakfast area was clean and food was good. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: our room faced I-24, but I really did not notice the noise, if noise usually bothers you I am sure t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank family778811
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Nothing special, but for the price, it served our needs. Were there for a short weekend in Chattanooga to visit with family. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, breakfast was sufficient. I would call it a good value, but don't expect the Ritz Carlton for the price. Keep your expectations realistic, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ramja
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here just one night for a volleyball tournament. I was worried about the location after reading some of the reviews but we had no problems. They have a guard on duty at night. Check-in was quick and easy. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast could have been better. Very convenient to interstate and short ride to downtown. We paid half the price for what we would have paid at hotels downtown.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Klyn02
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I needed a place close to downtown. The location was a bit off-putting, but TA gave it 4 stars so I rolled the dice. It was a good move - on the inside this hotel was great! The rooms were well appointed, very comfortable (especially the bed!) and spotlessly clean. It is only a 5 minute drive from downtown so it is convenient to all downtown spots if you have a car available to you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo