“Great location”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here on a quick weekend getaway to do the tourist things in Chattanooga. This place was just right. Clean, comfy beds, great location. Breakfast was good, outdoor pool great for the kids after a long day of sight seeing. This location is the perfect starting point to head up lookout mountain to Rock City and Ruby Falls.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank StaceyLew

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice when running trail races on the nearby mountains. The staff here was amazing. The hotel is clean, nice and used to be a Hampton Inn, so it still appears that way. The room was spacious and had a fridge. The second time I really liked my room but it was missing a fridge and I needed one to store my supplies for a three day run. Sherwood at the front desk went and got a fridge and put it in my room! On my first stay, they let us extend our room to 2pm checkout so we could shower after the race! Sherwood and the red headed lady at the front desk in the evenings were SO nice. They got me ketchup, salt and salsa on demand and were just super friendly. Great experience! I am really picky about hotels and loved this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank UrbanMountainGoat
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean and a nice size. The front desk staff that was on Friday evening and Saturday morning were not friendly. They barely opened their mouths to greet you and it seemed more like you were interrupting their conversation than them being happy you were checking in the hotel. The lady at the from desk on Sunday was friendlier, but we were checking out then.
The breakfast was not good. They had sausage and eggs and waffles etc. on Saturday. The juice was not cold and even the water was room temperature. The breakfast on Sunday was terrible. The only meat they had was white gravy with meat. No sausage or bacon for those that don't like the gravy. Again the juice and water in the machine was not cold. The kitchen staff was friendly and trying to keep the food area stocked but the breakfast was below par. I have stayed at other Comfort Inns and the breakfast was much better.
If you want a nice clean room and you don't care about friendliness or breakfast then stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Letsgoonvac
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked a NON-SMOKING room thru Expedia. The room stunk badly of stale smoke but we were too tired to care.We had just settled in when a HUGE cockroach (approx 2 1/2" long and 1" wide) went running across the wall. I am EXTREMELY phobic of bugs. I called the front desk, in hysterics. The front desk was kind and moved us to another room, however, we felt it necessary to unpack and repack each bag we had already opened for fear of what might have gotten in our luggage. My husband even showed the cockroach to the people at the front desk. Their response was that we needed to talk to the manager the next morning. We stayed in our clothes all night because I was worried about unzipping our luggage. I sat up in the bed most of the night fearful that something would crawl on me. The next day, the front desk told my husband that Expedia would have to deal with the problem. Today Expedia contacted the hotel manager who refused any further assistance because he felt the matter was resolved. I am so disgusted. Will strongly advise all friends and family members who travel to stay clear of this hotel chain.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!! Not worth the little bit of money you might save.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shayla K
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely friendly and even went out of their way to find and mail us out son's blanket that got left behind. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfy. We requested a crib while booking and it was already in the room upon our arrival. Complimentary breakfast with lots of choices. Great place when traveling with kids. We would defiantly stay here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights while visiting Chattanooga's Ruby Falls and Rock City. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere with a lot of confusing 1-way roads. But being inside, we felt safe and comfortable.

The attractions that we went to were only 10-15 mins away from the hotel.

The hotel is clean and beds are comfortable. The only negatives I have about this place is the hallways are hot (they must be cutting down costs) and the bathroom has no ventilation.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank tn02
Reviewed June 13, 2013

All things considered (price, area, chain, etc.) I was expecting an adequate room in reasonable condition where I could sleep and get out the next morning and nothing more. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.

Others have commented on the area. It is what it is, and there is little a hotel owner can do about that. There is security, the lot is well lit, and I didn't find there to be any reason of concern there. In fact, other than noting that it is in a city, I didn't see anything particularly "sketchy" about the area.

Check in was quick and professional. The lobby looked clean and well decorated. My room was a complete surprise. Far bigger than I imagined, there was a sofa, desk, and comfortable chair in addition to my king sized bed. The room was also much more nicely decorated than I had expected. The bed was extremely comfortable with a variety of soft and firm pillows to accommodate all tastes. While the bathroom is small, there is nice vanity. Shower pressure was terrific.

The room was spotless. No odors. I heard no noise at all until the usual morning hallway traffic began. Breakfast was typical.

No, this isn't the Bellagio. But for a metropolitan motel at this price, it is a nice rarity. It will become my standard stop in the future for trips through Chattanooga.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business