“Perfect”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have a family of 6, my husband, I and 4 children. It is usually difficult for me to find rooms to accommodate us. This hotel offered a suite that slept six. The pull out bed was uncomfortable but that was my only complaint. We stayed 4 nights. The hot breakfast was great everyday. The staff was very friendly and helpful, givng maps, coupons and recommending restraunts. It is close to all attractions. The pool was clean. We loved our stay and would definitely stay again. the price was vey reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights over the Memorial Day long weekend - We had 2 rooms booked. As we checked in and got our keys - we went to our rooms - when we opened one of the rooms - there was a couple which was already in the room - needless to say it was embarrassing :) We went down to the reception and we were given another room - the desk clerk did apologize profusely. We then got checked into our rooms. I noticed that that my room had a crib and fridge like we asked for but no microwave - We have a 1 year old and microwave was kind of essential - I called the desk - they did try to get us one but called back an hour later saying all microwaves were taken - they said they had a microwave in the lobby - thankfully my parent's room had one and we used that. However, the next day morning, the hotel folks came in and replaced the fridge with a fridge / microwave combo.

The location of the hotel is great - its a 3-4 minute drive to Aquarium, Steamboats, etc and a 5-10 min drive to rock city, incline railway and ruby falls - The area surrounding the hotel is sketchy and definetely not one to stroll around as a couple or family - i went to buy milk for my 1 year old at around 10 PM and didnt feel quite safe. The good news is that the hotel is safe and every time I drove in at night I saw a Security personnel on the hotel property in the parking lot.

The hotel service was very good except for the gaffes during checkin - since we have a 1 year old we had to send the housekeeping away 2-3 times based on his naps and yet they cleaned up the room after 4 PM.

The breakfast is quite good with hot and cold items and a waffle maker - didnt use the gym or pool but the gym is adequate for a quick cardio.

All in all, I wouldnt mind staying here again if I visited Chattanooga again

Room Tip: Not all rooms have Microwave and Fridge - so if you need one, make sure you call the hotel in advanc...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2012

If you are in the area for tourism purposes, this is definitely one that you should consider. It's within a few miles of Ruby Falls, the Incline, and Rock City. It's also on the side of the mountain rather than in city traffic, so you'll avoid rush hours. The prices seem on the high side for what you get, but not bad for the area. It's a tourist trap, so you know to expect tourist trap pricing.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I had several requests, and they had the answers and provided the services immediately. The breakfast area was well staffed by people who kept the area immaculate, full of product, and offered to help people find what they were looking for.

The hotel is clean and nice, but a bit antiquated, though well taken care of. Rooms are spacious, adequate, and the beds are comfortable. No great amenities here, but the basics are well covered. There is no fridge or microwave in the room, but they have a microwave downstairs if you need one. I did, couldn't find it, and it turns out they have it locked up in the pantry... a little odd, but not a problem and again, the desk person was very helpful.

There's also a Walmart right across the street for those little things you forgot. Overall, this hotel is recommended and I'd go back.

Room Tip: Don't get in too late or parking in front can be a problem.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Papadoc1000
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night in late December. Check in was easy and the person at the front desk as courteous. Rooms were clean and quiet. There were no restaurants close to the hotel, we had to walk a few blocks which was just fine because we were advised of a great Italian restaurant about 4 blocks away. Area seemed to be fairly safe but we did not walk any further than we had to.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

It's exactly what I'd expect for the price paid. It was a nice, comfortable room. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Bathroom was small, but adequate. Location was really nicely located near the downtown area. It's on a one way street, but who cares, it wasn't that hard to get in and out of. Really liked it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank beanryboy
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I was unsure when I saw the property, but was well pleased overall. The price is less than other downtown hotels without sacrifice of quality. It is quiet, clean and well kept. The breakfast is better than most.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were so pleased by the quick check in process by Brenda and wonderful suggestion for dinner -- the directions by Jason were so clear and he then identified the location on a ma for us.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family