“not the usual standards for a hampton property”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #40 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Knoxville, Tennessee
“not the usual standards for a hampton property”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is obviously an older hotel but appears to have been maintained well. The location isnt that great but not bad either! It is located on a one way street but isnt hard to access and is a block from the interstate on ramp. (there is now a Hampton located in the heart of downtown so this hotel isnt actually the closest to downtown) It is cheaper than most of the downtown hotels, which I feel is a big plus. The lobby is warm and inviting. I found it sad that they had a funeral spray and a photo in the lobby where an employee had passed away... kind of difficult to explain to my child. The breakfast area is small but adequate for a hotel with 90 rooms. The hostess was friendly and helpful. My room was located on the ground floor. It was clean and decent sized. The first thing I do upon check in is go into a room and check for signs of bed bugs... no signs or evidence of the creepy pests!! The only issue I had was the refridgerater was small and not cold. I realize often housekeeping turns them down or off to defrost so I turned it up and figured it would cool down. It never did. The toilet stopped up easily. I had to get a plunger from desk while we were there (of course, this is probably a temporary problem once maintenance snakes it). The front desk staff was friendly enough and my stay was pleasant!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bothell, WA
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were on a family vacation and needed a place to stay for one night in Chattanooga. When I called to make the reservation I was informed that this was a "Downtown" Hampton Inn. Well, don't believe that nonsense. We showed up very tired after a long day at the Brand New Downtown Hampton Inn, which was really nice. When trying to check in they said "Sorry, you're reservation is not here - you're at the wrong Hampton." and sent us to this place. It's not at all near the downtown section. Also, it's near impossible getting into the place because it is trapped between these awful industrial buildings and the freeways entrances and on a 1-Way street. There is nothing located nearby (no restaurants) and it's in a seedy area.

Rooms were typical layout, nothing special at all. Charged us $10 extra for a roll-away bed (we have 3 kids). Beds were not comfortable, either.

But the worst part was that it was very hot and stuffy inside (being August). So trying to get cooled down some, we kicked on the AC. It was late at night, so we had to get to sleep ... but the AC did not come close to cooling down the room. On top of that, the fan in the bathroom didn't run so when taking a shower you got a steamed up bathroom.

Breakfast was just ok. We've had much better at other Hampton Inns.

I informed the front desk that our stay wasn't that great, and I gave them the same details I wrote up here... no apology, generally a non-response. Oh well.

Overall it was a very negative experience and I am not going back to this place again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank FamilyOfFive_98011
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I booked our room last minute as we were driving to Chattanooga. The check in was fast and easy even though we had booked less than 2 hours before. The rooms were clean and ordinary. This could have been any chain hotel anywhere. The breakfast bar was also ordinary.

The location is conveinent to downtown, but it is not walking distance. The hotel really has no food or shopping in walking distance.

Overall, we had a nice stay for the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Leesburg, Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2011

There looked to be some age on this hotel. Staff was ok, but not the usually up beat super friendly type you usually find with Hilton Chain. The location has easy access to I-75. Short drive to aquarium. They were having wireless issues doing our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I wanted to take our boys (7 yo and 23 mos) on a mini-vacation to Chattanooga without breaking the bank. The prices at this Hampton Inn allowed us to do that versus any 'downtown' hotel (within 2 miles of this hotel). I was hesitant due to previous reviews about the questionable area, but we felt safe the entire time. The entire staff was very nice and helpful throughout our visit. This A+ mom packed everything BUT the baby wipes and when I went to ask if they by chance had any at the front desk, the young man checked and they didn't, but he offered to go get me some! We just got some the next day after our trip to the Aquarium, but I've never had this gesture at another hotel. When they ran out of blueberry muffins on our last day there, the server got one out of the machine for our 7yo picky eater. The 7yo loved the pool EVERYday and my husband loved that it was salt water and not chlorine. Our room was on the first floor and it was large enough even with a crib. The bed was not the best for sleeping if you have a bad back, but we were happy overall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 22, 2011

This is the worst Hampton Inn I have stayed at. The air in the room didn't work so we changed rooms. The air in the second room didn't cool either. The hallways had a terrible order. The neighborhood is not the greatest. No place to eat that were close by.

Room Tip: Heres a tip. Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank largemouth0223
Illinois
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Stayed here for one night on a road trip. The hotel is just a 2 mile straight shot from downtown Chattanooga and half the price of the downtown hotels. The room was your standard Hampton Inn. I loved the typed out directions they provided to restaurants, points of interest, even Walmart. I found this a great perk. Some prior reviewers commented on the location not being great, but I had not concerns at all.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family