Clarion Inn
$209
$178
Staybridge.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$169
BestWestern.com
$247
  • Pool
All reviewslookout mountainroom was cleanruby fallswould stay here againwaffleslogan's roadhousethe breakfast areafree breakfaststaff was friendlyother hotelsflat screenfront desk staffhot breakfastpleasant stayking bedlocal attractionsbusiness center
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I have stayed at this Hampton before, and its conditions are slipping. The rooms are smelly and needing updating. The carpet needs to be replaced. I had a no smoking room, but you couldn't tell. Fortunately, my wife and I weren't in the room very much! We passed on the free breakfast because it wasn't worth eating. You've seen those kind of free breakfasts before- you know what I mean.
It was better than camping, but we paid a lot more than a campground price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stlanderson
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We had to stay overnight at a hotel before arriving at our final destination. This hotel was on the way and looked like a good spot to rest. Upon arriving we had a hard time finding parking in their tiny lot. We found a parking spot in the back corner lot and were pulling in when we saw the SUV next to us with a broken window! It seems like someone had broken into their SUV. We pulled back and contacted the front desk to report the incident. Richie, the night shift worker helped us find a parking spot and addressed the incident to the police and owners right away. We then went up to our room which was fine for one night's stay. Wi-fi worked and the comforter on the bed was on the heavy side, the pillows were big and hard as well. Breakfast was ok, the usual waffle, cereal, eggs, coffee. The pool is located outside next to their parking lot. Maybe they should've just extended the parking lot and not put in a pool. No one was in there anyway. It's a fine place for just one night... no more than that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2010

If you stay here, get a room on the 2nd floor. We stayed for 2 nights on the first floor and couldn't sleep because of very noisy upstairs travelers. The first night, we tried to call the front desk in the early morning, and the phone didn't work! They did come right away to replace it the next morning, as someone came right away when we checked in because the TV didn't work. Room was clean, that was very important to us.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2010

The best parts of my stay, Scott who checked me in was fast and efficient, very nice. They provide a lapboard to use with your laptop and free wi-fi, which worked good. Bed was good, linens good, couch in room was worn, carpet not real clean. My biggest beef is location was poor, seemed to be a lot of vagrants walking back and forth to liquor store across the street. I had my worst nights sleep worrying that my car would be broken into.
The breakfast was not great, cooked a waffle, egg omeletes were burnt on edges, sausage looked under-cooked. Do yourself a favor if your going to stay in this area, go to the Holiday Inn Express. I liked the area it was in much better. I have no interest in the other chain, other than it was newer looking and better area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Ok...first and foremost we often stay at Hampton Inns and have come to expect certain standards within this chain. We went on an overnight trip and yes, I did read the reviews here but thought it would still be ok....its a Hampton Inn!

The hotel staff were very nice and what I have experienced at all Hampton Inns. It is in the older style but the rooms are located w/in...not exterior.

The room was smaller than average. The bedding was older style given that it is just a pad on the mattress (much like you would find at Best Westerns/Days Inn) with a newer comforter on top like what you would see in the newer Hamptons. The pillowcases were smaller than the pillows. The floor was dirty and my feet actually were dirty from walking on it. There were chips in the side of the sink in the bathroom and in general the room just had an "old" feel. The sheets looked older and had some staining. To top it all off there was something questionable on the comforter (hint---it comes from one's nose!) We stayed in room 129 this past Friday.

Breakfast was just "ok." Much less than what we usually see at Hamptons but edible.

I did not complain to management since they were very nice and I do't think it would have helped anyway. I'm sure the rest of the rooms are generally the same.

We would NOT stay here again but I do recommend going to Lookout Mountain and Rock City. We had a great time there!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family