“Comfy Stop for the Night”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #47 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Maryland
“Comfy Stop for the Night”
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Just stopped for an overnight on the way to Louisiana - bed was very comfortable, room clean. Breakfast was good too. Nice view of the Mountain. Would stay again.

• Liked — Inexpensive ($77/night AAA rate) and convenient to I24
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank suzieq27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
MILLINGTON
Reviewed July 15, 2008

The gentleman who checked us in, Scott, is a tremendous asset to this property. They need to hang on to him because he was one of the few assets there. The room wasn't clean, the wall paper was peeling and the carpet baseboard was loose and hanging down just waiting to trip someone. Oh and the first thing I noticed was that the little knee pillow on my bed looked like someone's nose had dripped on it. Then one of the pillow cases had a blood spot on it. The coffeepot had such a coat of dust on it I had to wonder if it had ever been used, or cleaned. I'm also an hhonors member and usually try and search out a Hampton. I've noticed that many of the properties are not meeting their previous standards but are steadily pricing us retirees out. Paying over $100 for a substandard motel room does not make us happy campers, believe me.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank R&MRich
Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We attempted to stay at the Hampton Inn right next to Lookout Mountain. It was absolutely horrible! Our room was suppose to be non-smoking and we were stuck in a smoking room that hadn't been ozoned or even had any effort into getting the smoke smell out of the room. I have worked for a hotel for over 6 years and I do know that you cannot always accomodate a persons smoking preference; however, they were completely rude and not helpful. I did ask for the Ozone machine to be taken to our room and the front desk agent handed it to me. Shouldn't she have had someone take it up there? Our son has severe allergies. When someone request non-smoking, the hotel can at least pre-assign the sleeping room and try to get it ozoned and cleaned before the guest arrives. Besides for the smoke smell, which was overwhelming, there were bugs against the walls and things were very dirty! The carpets were so stained, I couldn't tell what color they should have been. I ended up checking out and not staying there that night.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The entire experience was horrible!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 27, 2008

After a spending a disapointing night at another Chattanooga Hotel, we tripadvisored this hotel and enjoyed our stay here.

Nothing fancy at this place, but clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel staff was very friendly and willing to work with us since we had to change hotels early in the morning. The free continental breakfast has a wide variety of options from hot dishes to cold cereal and fruit.
The pool was clean and maintained.
If you are looking for something clean and affordable-and somewhat close to the sites in Chattanooga-this is it.

• Liked — friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — Steep Driveway
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Chinookgrrl
Georgia
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We first stayed at this hotel about three years ago using Hilton Honor Points. At that time, it was rated as an opportunity hotel under HIlton Honors which I thought was reasonable. This was before the Wal-Mart supercenter was built across the street which has brought a lot of noise to the area. While this is what I consider outside the main part of Chattanooga, I can tell progress is moving that direction.

The hotel seems to have went down some the past few years and we have stayed there probably 6 - 7 times. The rooms are OK for a night, but would not stay there longer than that. We ride our sport touring bike alot in that area and it's a good stopping point and it's usually the cheapest Hilton chain hotel in the area. We always stay in the Hilton chain since I am a Diamond VIP.

I recommend requesting a room in the back of the hotel instead of facing the road. That area is a little noisey in the early evening, but gets a little quiet later at night. We heard a lot of trucks engaging their Jake-Brakes outside, but not sure if it was on the four lane in front of the hotel or 1/4 mile away on I-24. There is also a Cracker Barrel across the road.

The front desk as polite as usual and the breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn, so no problems there. The hotel seems to be full a lot as every time we have stayed there, there is usually a tour bus parked out front so I think this must be on the list of hotels used a lot by tour operators.

There is one room, and only one room, that I can see on the hotel lay out that has a jacuzzi. I think it was 205 and is in the left back corner of the hotel. We did stay there the trip before and it's a nice room. It's actually 1 1/2 rooms as part of it's behind a stairwell. The 1/2 part of the room, has a king size bed & TV. The main part of the room has a two person whirlpool, loveseat, TV, microwave & refrigerator. This is the best room in the hotel, but it was booked this last trip.

We will stay there again as it's OK for one night, but I would probably look elsewhere if staying longer. They have also changed the Honors category to require more points than a couple of years ago, and I don't think it's worth the additional points needed.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaribbeanSoul
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2008

We stayed at this Hampton as it looked to be better than the surrounding hotels, according to the Trip Advisor reviews. The reviews of this Hampton that indicated that it was not quite up to Hampton Inn standards in some areas was accurate. While the room was fine and the bed very comfortable, the housekeeping needs attention. The carpet needed a deep cleaning (there were crumbs scattered around the coffee table area) and there were some types of globs on the bedroom and shower walls. Plus, there were scattered pieces of litter (dust, crumbs, bits of paper) in the hallway. The breakfast looked nice but the "scrambled eggs" were more like dried dog kibble. The freshly sliced fruit had been sliced long ago, and the apple was mealy. Disappointing, considering we've stayed in many Hamptons in many states. While we would stay here again, our expectations would be lower.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank FarAndWide_Traveller
tampa, fl
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I stayed here with my wife for one night on our way to Nashville. I have been to Chattanooga several times but hadn't ever stayed at this hotel. I was very pleased with the service and ease of check in. As a Hilton Honors member, I have stayed at several different Hamptons and this one was no different. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast was a decent continental breakfast. The only drawback to this hotel is the lack of restaurants in the vicinity. Otherwise, great stay!

• Liked — The service.
  • Disliked — The eggs at breakfast.
  • Stayed January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RLang33