I have stayed here a few times, the last visit for four nights. The fourth floor seems to be for smokers since that floor smells like cigarette smoke. The carpet in the rooms and hallways looks more worn than the 3rd floor. I usually get a top floor to avoid overhead noise but I chose 3rd floor this trip because the air is fresher. The room was a one bedroom suite with a fireplace so the extra space was nice. However the fireplace did not work and I could hear the water running above me throughout my stay.
The staff is courteous and the breakfast and meals at night always look appetizing but I don't eat at hotel because of business functions elsewhere. There is a day spa right across the street if you need a massage or skin/hair care services. The hotel is right off of shallowford road and I 75 so everything is nearby including hamilton place mall. The fitness center is small but if you are really motivated there is a Rush fitness center nearby--complimentary use with the room key.
The biggest complaint and a reason that I would not return is a lack of a printer in the business center. That might not be important to other travelers but to me it is a main concern since I print out my daily agendas as they change. And it is just not a last minute service issue--the printer has never worked-it is dusty and has on out of order sign on it. The staff will offer you their printer behind the desk but that is a hassle. I travel every week and this is one of the rare hotels that do not seem to care about having a functioning printer for business travelers.
Also, I did run out of toothpaste this morning. They had none to give me or to even sell me--not even mouthwash. (they do not offer complimentary amenities like razors, shower caps, etc, I was told by two folks at the front desk.) Again another first--i normally don't ask but other hotels usually have these items when requested.
In a pinch, I would stay here again because it is affordable and a great, safe location. But since there are many other hotel brands within view of my room I will probably try other hotels for future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Homewood Suites by Hilton® Chattanooga-Hamilton Place hotel is a luxurious resource for visitors to Chattanooga, Tennessee, whether they are traveling for business, pleasure or an extended stay. Located approximately ten miles from downtown Chattanooga, guests won't find themselves short of entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place Hotel Chattanooga
- Homewood Suites Chattanooga
- Hilton Chattanooga
- Homewood Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Hilton
- Chattanooga Homewood Suites