Homewood Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
$116
Country Inn
$110
  • Breakfast included
Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$115
$107
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$76
$149
$124
Great 4.5/5
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$76
The Chattanoogan(Chattanooga)
$174
$112
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskfull kitchenliving roomevening receptionroom was cleanhome away from homehamilton placebusiness triprestaurants and shoppingwould stay againcomplimentary breakfastchecking ingreat roomstaff was friendlywafflesruby fallslookout mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2012

If you are used to Homewood Suites, you will be disappointed by this one. Not as clean, weird smell, breakfast not as good. There was an air filter in our room that looked like it hadn't been changed in years (that might explain the smell!) The shower door was coming apart. The carpet felt and looked old.
The hotel was quiet, the bed was comfortable, but cleanliness is a key factor for me. And I won't be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank stlanderson
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here because we had pets and I believe this was the only Hilton property that accepted pets in the area. It's possible that we got a "pet" room but for a $75 cleaning fee, I expected the room to be clean. It was not. There was food near the edge of the bed. If they vacuumed the carpet, they would have caught it. There's no doubt that the cleaning was rushed. Maybe they have fewer maids working on a Sunday and rush through the process.

The carpet was filthy. We used a spray carpet cleaner on a spot and you could see a stark difference. The carpet is not being being shampooed. If you're a hotel charging $75 pet fees, you should be running a carpet cleaner through the rooms for five minutes when a guest with a pet leaves. I've seen other hotels do this quickly to get the high traffic areas. The next guest allergic to cats/dogs shouldn't have to put up with pet dander and whatever else is left on the carpet.

The hotel location was not great. This is the kind of location where you might worry about leaving too many items in the car overnight for fear of a break-in.

We had a late check-in and this can always be problematic. In our case, it took about 15-20 minutes to finally get a room key. I admit that I'm getting spoiled because check-in time at most Hilton hotels has been reduced to about 30 seconds with the Hilton Honors program these days.

The first problem was that the guy was busy with phone calls. I can't blame the hotel since it was 11PM and he was the only person working. Some of the calls were personal and some were wake up call requests that took an odd amount of time to setup. Instead of jotting down a time and room number on paper, this guy entered it in the computer taking a painfully long amount of time.

One of the issues was that they did not have the pet fee setup in the system. It was part of the reservation via an explicit check-box for "traveling with pets". The front desk person claimed it was not on the reservation but I don't believe that for a second. It was on the printed reservation and it's most likely they just missed it. The same reservation system somehow figures how to communicate floor preferences, elevator proximity, and other really detailed requests for me every week when I stay at a Hilton property. This probably wasn't the front desk guy's fault. Someone from another shift should have blocked my room earlier in the day and taken care of this.

My check-in experience could have been one of those one-time problems that is likely to be irrelevant to your stay. However, if you start to see other negative reviews about the front desk staff, you might want to take this under consideration. If you see other reviews about cleanliness, then I would be beware. Hopefully my room was a dirty room reserved for guests with pets and the rest of the hotel is in good shape.

In retrospect, I would have stayed at a Residence Inn since they always accept pets. If I didn't need the extended stay features, I would have returned to the Hilton Garden Inn downtown.

Room Tip: Tell them you have pets and pay the fee AFTER you get your room assignment.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jimpeterson
SallyOursler, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear JimPeterson-
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. As General Manager we strive to exceed our guests expectations. It appears that we failed to do this with you during your stay at our hotel. If you would like to discuss the issues that you had here I would love to hear them so we can ensure that other guests to not have a similar experience. Please contact me at 423/510-8020 or you can email me at sally.oursler@hilton.com.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Because the housekeeping didn't clean our room.

They insisted that we left the do not disturb sign up all day, but we didn't.

I will not be staying at Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank T E
Sullivan K, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you so very much for making the time to write a review about our property.
You have reached out to me in the near past and I have responded to your concerns.
The first night was our team invoking our Suite Assurance Guarantee. On behalf
of the entire Homewood Suites Chattanooga Team thank you.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

From the moment we checked in we were treated like Royalty. I can't say enough about the friendly staff. Whether it was at the complimentary meals, or encountering a staff person on the way to our rooms, They were courteous. Each staff member inquired about our stay, assisted us in anyway necessary. They room was very nice, my family has now charged me with making all future reservations. While we had a nice time in Chattanooga, the service at the hotel upon arrival made the trip. It really set the tone for the whole travel experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2012

A friend and I checked in on the 30th for a one night escape from our busy schedules. This is the first time that I have ever stayed at a homewood suites hilton property. I was pleasantly surprised by the large spacious suites with the separate living room from bedroom. Everything from checkin to checkout was amazing. I stayed on the first floor and the smell of breakfast woke me up. Much better than a continental they had everything from eggs, sausage and this really good cheesy potatoe and bacon mix. I dont travel often but when I do I can only hope I receive the same level of service and amenties that I did here. I noticed 3 trophies on top of the fire place in the lobby and they deserve every one of them and more!

Room Tip: birds sing very early in the morning near the front of the hotel. Not a huge bother but they start EARLY!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends