“Poor hotel for handicapped” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

Travelodge Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #35 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Davie, Florida, United States
“Poor hotel for handicapped”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I had a handicapped room and while the bathroom was fitted out, although outdated, I couldn't get there with my walker. Furniture blocked my access to the handicapped bathroom. I had to move furniture just to get walker close to bed as well. Cramped for person with walker, wheelchair, scooter, it just didn't work.

Room Tip: go to another hotel if you need handicapped accessible room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tracy T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

very nice and clean hotel, close to the mall and plenty of restaurants choices, some within walking distance. Nothing fancy but a great price, micowave and fridge were great with 2 small kids, would stay here again on trips to Chattanooga

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Orillia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

We tried a room with a Jacussi it was a good room, quiet and clean. Breakfast was fine but crowded. You can easily walk to the Cracker Barrel and other restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chattanooga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was actually surprised at how nice and clean the room was when i consider what I paid. Its right off the interstate, near the mall and in walking distance to Applebee's, O'Charlies, Cracker Barrel and more. It was quiet, had a microwave and fridge and the shower had VERY hot water. I stayed two days and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I'm wondering whether we stayed at the same place as others who have reviewed this hotel. I expected better from the Wyndham chain and was surprised at how shabby this place was. The wallpaper was peeling in several places, the rug needed to be replaced (dirty and wrinkled in the walkway), and the towels were a joke. The blanket needed to be replaced since it had several holes and stains in it, as well as edges that had been cut off of opposite corners. There was only one nightstand next to the bed. No computer was available in the lobby for guest use. Breakfast was a huge disappointment with few offerings. The biscuits and gravy were inedible and the juice was watered down. I wish we had walked away and stayed at a different hotel since there were many available in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
williamsburg virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed here on our way back from Baton Rouge on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I would suggest reservations. My requests for the room were honored and we were given a very quiet room. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast quite good. We were traveling with a small dog which is why we chose this facility. The accommodations cannot be beat for the price. The hotel has an excellent manager who ensures all is maintained in a top notch manner. The hotel is in a good location with several restaurants across the street and a major mall about 1.5 miles away. Can't beat this for the price and location. We will stay again for sure

Room Tip: for quiet room, choose the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wahiawa, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I am from Chattanooga, but have lived in Hawaii for the last three years. I was in town visiting family and the areas I previously knew as safe and of good quality was completely run down and overpriced. I went to the hotels off Shallowford Village Drive, knowing from locals and previous visits this was a pretty safe area. I wanted a quality safe location but didn't want to pay the Hilton or more expensive chain prices as I was traveling with my two small children. I arrived pretty late in the night and was given a VERY reasonable rate. The location was very well lit and felt very safe. The front desk was very helpful and even allowed us to do a late checkout due to arriving so late. The room was spacious and came with all the needed amenities. I was particularly impressed with the bathroom which was VERY clean. The room itself was clean and comfortable. The beds were super comfortable ( this coming from a person with a three thousand dollar mattress at home ). Overall, I was very pleased with the price and quality of our room and stay. So impressed that I chose this location for my next visit and was excited to know that the stay was consistent with the other. I still cant get over how clean these bathrooms were and the price is so competitive with the surrounding hotels. The only thing I didn't understand were the poor reviews I saw on other sites, after some investigation I found that this location has recently come under new ownership/management thus explaining the differences in the reviews last year and the improvements that exist today. Will plan on staying here for all my future visits if they keep with this standard :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family