“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Kentucky
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2005

This Courtyard is not worthy of the Marriott name - except that the staff were pleasant and attentive. As mentioned in another review, the facility is lacking in sound proofing. And puh-leeze get rid of those one-cup-at-a-time coffee makers. They're terrible! I treked down to the lobby both mornings for real, hot coffee which is complimentary while the breakfast was not.

The location is great for travelers - free internet and near many restaurants. It is not convenient for sight-seers who must go down town.

If I hadn't been paying a very low priceline amount, I would have been more upset about the "bare bones" appearance of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KY1031

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2005

Stayed only one night, June 18 2005. The room was adequate, on the first floor with sliding doors to the courtyard and pool area. The worst thing about this hotel is the noise. Around 11:30pm, a group of teens (?) started screaming in the pool, "Marco Polo" at the top of their lungs. In addition, the walls and ceiling must be very thin, as we heard conversations in the hallways, the next room and overhead!
As mentioned by others, the hotel is not close to downtown, but the price is about half because of that. The area surrounding the hotel appears safe.

• Stayed June 2005
south Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2005

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel 3 nights. This is NOT the Courtyard located across from the Aquarium and is NOT downtown, just to clear that up. It is about 15 minutes from downtown but is very easy to access. However, it is in a great location, parking is FREE (as compared to $8.00 a day downtown) there are lots of great restaurants near (sit down and fast food). I would definitely recommend J.Alexanders next door, a little pricey ($12-25 each) but it was the best restaurant I have ever eaten at, without a doubt. This hotel is close to most shopping, the mall is right next door pretty much and Wal-mart and Target are just around the corner. Anyway, the hotel is VERY clean and quiet. We had a problem with a leaky toilet the first night discovered late and I called the next morning and before I could hang up the phone good, the repairman was knocking on the door. He fixed it in a couple of minutes and was no bother at all. Housekeeping didn't come knocking early in the morning, maybe around 11:30-12 noon which I was thankful. And be sure to try out the whirlpool located on the 1st floor near the lobby, we actually didn't realize it was there until the last night and was upset for not looking sooner, it was wonderful. The only thing I believe that could have been better is the parking at the hotel. Luckily, the hotel wasn't completely booked our weekend, or the parking would have been horrible. The only doors to the rooms are located at each end of the building and the parking space you may find could quite possibly be at the opposite end from your room. I am just picky about where I park and I like to be close to my car for keeping an eye on it, forgotten items in there, etc. Well, I hope this review helps your decisions.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank GAtraveler123
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2004

I had reserved 2 non-smoking rooms, that were next to each other. I arrived exactly at check in only to find they didn't have my rooms. They only had 1 non smoking and one smoking room, both on different ends of the hotel. Took what they had anyway. Only to find out I could not get into 1 room for another hour because it still was not cleaned. Maids knocking on door at 8:15 am to clean room. It didn't matter that I had a do not disturb sign hanging on my door. Would not stay there again. Place was just a headache.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2004

One of the cleanest Hotels I've seen. We stayed here as it was the host hotel for the Redoubt Soccer Tounament. For the money, this hotel can't be beat. It is a highway hotel and has a small pool. There are several restaurants within walking distance and some good stores for shopping also within walking distance. Rooms are spacious and 1st floor rooms in the courtyard have a small patio area. There is also a workout area and they have a small meeting room.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2004

This hotel is great. I stayed there two different times during the summer of 2003. The IMAX and the aquarium are just across the street.
The Chattanooga Lookouts (Cincinatti Reds) minor league ball stadium is two blocks away. There aren't many large cities where you can get out at 10 or 11 at night and safely walk the area, but you can at this location. I know there are exceptions to the rule, but for the most part, this hotel has everything going for it. It is very clean, the personnel are very nice, and the food is good. The rooms have high speed internet. You could stay for a week or more and still not eat at every good food place downtown that is within walking distance. They are a little expensive but the benefits of staying there are worth it.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
west bloomield, michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2003

the courtyard does is right at this location. close to everything downtown. try the mexican resturant around the corner. the imax and the aquarium are just across the street. great breakfast buffet for 7.95.

1 Thank curt63