“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Michigan
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Stayed one night while passing through Chattanooga. It is a very clean hotel with free newspapers and Newsweek magazines. Has a great business center area, with computers. It's close to restaurants and shopping (mall). The hot tub was huge and among the best hotel hot tubs I've seen. There is an outdoor pool with fountain and gazebo. Also a fitness center. The breakfast is way overpriced. Bathrooms are small. And there are no elevators, which made it tough to haul luggage to the second floor. The hotel was a little tricky to find. It's located off I-75, then down a service road. Overall, it was an OK place to stay. About five miles from downtown and I-24.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Alabama
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Pros- The beds were very comfortable and the hotel location is great. Directly beside a Red Lobster and in front of a huge mall. Cons- This Courtyard is not as clean as you would expect a Courtyard to be. Our rate was $100, before discount. There was hair in the bathroom floor and on one of the pillow cases. I didn't complain, I just cleaned the floor myself and pitched that pillow off to the floor. Upon check out, the lady at the front desk ask about our stay and I told her that it was "fair". She ask if something was wrong and I told her that it wasn't as clean as it should have been. When I received my bill thay had taken $30 off the rate. I appreciated the price reduction, but I probably would not stay here again. I choose our hotels by review for cleanliness, and this one doesn't make the cut.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Not clean
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Morristown, TN
Reviewed December 2, 2008

We had reservations in this hotel for Thanksgiving and the following night and loved it. Was greeted from the moment we checked in, hotel staff was excellent. Helpful, giving us local maps and lists of nearby dining establishments. Our room was right across from the spa and exercise rooms which was convenient and right down the hall from the lobby/restaurant area. Did not eat in the Breakfast restaurant (too pricey for a family) but lots of eating places around the hotel. Only down side was no refrigerator/microwave in our room, but everything else was clean and tidy. I liked the fact the entrance doors were always locked, had to use your room key for entry into the building. Great hotel if you like to shop, adjacent to the Hamilton Place Mall, but just a few miles to the downtown area.

• Liked — Clean hotel/good location
  • Disliked — no mini refrigerator in the room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I am a frequent traveler and my hotel chain of choice are typically the Marriotts and Starwood properties. I selected this hotel because we were redeeming Marriott reward points, location, and the Marriott's website stated "recently renovated". I guess that note hadn't been recently updated, because this hotel is definitely not up to the Marriott's standards.

Most hotels have their lobby area immaculate, but when the lobby lacked character I knew we were in trouble. Overrall first impression of hotel was a low budget hotel.

The Rooms:
The furniture looks like a Thrift store donation. The rooms and hallway had a stale smell,. This was probably due to Marriott enforcing their "Smoke-Free" policy for all hotels. The carpet needs to be replaced. The rooms were very small. My husband & I couldn't even share the bathroom counter.

Location:
The location is absolutely the best! J Alexander's is on 1 side and Red Lobster is on the other. There are several other restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel. Hamilton Place Mall in your backyard. This location is close to Downtown Chattanooga as well. If location is more important than hotel class & comfort, I would recommend this hotel to you. Otherwise, stay away from this hotel.

To summarize:
If I had not been traveling with my husband, I wouldn't have checked into this hotel at all. I tried to keep down confusion and not uproot him from the hotel since it was a short stay. In short, hotel is need of complete overhaul.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — In desperate need of renovation
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelnista17
Huntsville, AL.
Reviewed February 11, 2008

The Pros:
Great location - near Hamilton Place Mall and shopping centers, also near restaurants.
Breakfast Buffett - Hot food with eggs, bacon, sausage, etc., however it is a wee bit pricey.
The Cons:
Small room and bathroom - tv was set to the side of the bed. Even though it could be turned at an angle one could still suffer from a sprained neck after extensive viewing.
Nighttime desk help was nice but not too up to date on information.
Our room was next door to the cleaning staff room so in the morning we heard the door repeatedly opening and closing. At night the flashing white light off the fire detector over the bed has the potential to send one into an epileptic seizure. Our room also had the scent of Mexican food the two nights we were there.

I don't want to sound mean, but my wife have stayed in better places.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — The room.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
cubsfan01
Reviewed September 29, 2007

stay was wonderful! excellent location... completely surrounded by noted restaurants. my wife and i just got married and went to check in on the way up to our honeymoon spot, staff was excellent. nicholas (i think) checked us in and upgraded us to a spa room with no extra charge and sent a microwave and refridgerator to the room before we even got there and left a note congradulating us with chocolates. tremendous staff nicholas and young african american female (i don't remember her name) stay here!

• Liked — location, staff, and cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cubsfan01
Kentucky
Reviewed March 25, 2006

My husband, 3 year old daughter, and myself stayed at this hotel returning from Florida. We were in room 201 which is the top floor, first room closest to the highway and had NO problems with noise. The room was comfortable with a king bed and a pull out sofa. There was not a fridge or microwave which would have been nice. It is in a great location right off of 75, by a mall and tons of restaraunts. Right next door is J Alexanders and Red Lobster. My only complaint is a minor one-we went to use the hot tub which is very nice, but the water was SO HOT you couldn't hardly get in. I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2006