“Great stay. ”

Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place
Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was delicious at the bistro. The staff was professional and courteous and made you feel welcome. Just be away that if you plan at staying at this hotel, there is no elevator.

Stayed: July 2014
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. I am proud of our property for offering such a great stay for you. I love to hear that you enjoyed the Bistro and service. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and the property as a whole. We don’t have an elevator, but are always happy to help our guests with luggage service. We work hard to give our guests an exceptional stay and I’m proud that we were able to do that for you. I can’t wait to see you and your family back at our Courtyard the next time you are traveling through Chattanooga.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night for a family trip. There are 5 of us, our three daughters are under 10. Reserved for 5 presuming that a king room OK for 5 would have beds for 5 (expected the king bed, double pullout and a rollaway/cot) which was not the case. What we received is a standard CY king room with a pullout, smaller than a double. The hotel staff is aware of this problem and stated it is the Marriott website. With a family of 5 I am used to having to check around for lodging that can accommodate us but this is a first. The room was reserved & confirmed for 5 but truly could only sleep 3. After a long day on the road we relented, grabbed a couple sleeping bags from the car for the kids and settled in the best we could. (We were staying on rewards points and it was free) The temporary hotel manager did comp us breakfast for our inconvenience fir which I did appreciate the effort.
Very disappointed and if this is as the hotel/Marriott planned I cannot travel with Marriott for family trips any longer. I cannot recommend this property for family travel, there are many other options in the area that would certainly be better.

Room Tip: Do not book this property for family travel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

I apologize for the complications during your stay. Our king rooms are equipped with a king size bed and twin size pullout and I know it can be frustrating when booking on-line. Our rooms with Two Queen beds would have been a better option, but during this time period the hotel is extremely busy and all we had available were king rooms at the time of booking. We will look into our website and make sure the appropriate information is being relayed. We want your hotel stay to always be exceptional and that we go above and beyond to clear up issues such as this. I hope that you can give our property another opportunity to make this up to you. We are proud of the Courtyard brand and please know that we take all feedback seriously to help correct anything that doesn’t make a stay the best it can be.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The good:
It was clean, well decorated, polite staff.

The bad:
The first room wreaked of smoke, had to get changed.
The walls are thin (ever stay in a Motel 6?). I could hear every step above me.
No in room movies, no TV guide,
Free wifi - NOT, you have to pay if you want it to be fast.
The price is way out of line with the quality of the hotel.

It would have been a fine at half the price, but as it was, I feel totally ripped.

In this area, you can do SO much better for less. Marriott has lost me.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs - no elevator though.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

First, let me say how incredibly sorry I am that you did not experience a great stay. We do not allow our guests to smoke in our rooms at it is a Tennessee state law. I do apologize for the room that was smoked in and I am glad we were able to move you. We do have two versions of our internet speed, but our free wireless is a very reliable and fast connection. We strive to make each guest feel exceptional. Thank you for your comments; we will be able to correct some of these issues moving forward. I hope that you can give our property another opportunity to make this experience up to you.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I booked my reservation through the name your own price feature on Priceline . I was excited that the Courtyard Marriott Hamilton Place accepted my bid. As most of us do on TripAdvisor , we do a little research on the hotel. I notice a lot of positive reviews and when I arrived at the property , I observed TripAdvisor Excellence Awards from 2013 on 2014. So at this point I was excited and hoping for a great weekend getaway with my wife. When I arrive to checkin I was greeted by the rudest employee(Lavoina) that I have ever encountered in my over 75 reviews with TripAdvisor. Her attitude toward me was appalling..... She seem to really take exception that I booked through Priceline . With a rude attitude she informed me that Priceline booked two double queen beds for me. Anybody who is made reservations through Priceline the name your own price feature knows that the room assignments are done at check-in by the hotel based on their availability .

I asked her were there any more king beds available since it was myself and my wife. She said there were but since I booked through Priceline and Priceline had made my reservations ,she couldn't change it. One of her colleagues informed her that they were overbooked on double queen beds and it would benefit the hotel if she put me in a king bed room. She gave him a look with attitude and took my confirmation page aggressively and took it in the back made a copy and highlighted the small print and told me that I needed to read it. The small print simply reiterate what I said earlier, that at the time of check-in, room assignments will be made based on double occupancy. During my check-in experience I was stared at with daggers, in my opinion in a attempt to intimidate me. I'm a retired army sergeant who has been a drill sergeant and been on deployments to Iraq ,with over 21 years of service, I don't get intimidated easily. I asked to speak to a manager, she informed me that the management there didn't work on weekends and none would be available until Monday . Ironically the next day very early in the morning I may add before 9 o'clock. I stopped in the lobby and ask to speak to a manager and what do you know, out came a manager by the name of Ashley. I informed her of my encounter with Lavoina and she agreed with me that my check in experience was totally unacceptable. Although Ashley and the rest of the employees seem to be very nice and welcoming , this one bad apple ruined a very well kept clean Hotel, located in a great area of Chattanooga.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your experience with our customer service. We strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience each and every single time. I apologize that you did not receive the best from us and we will work to regain your trust. I have reached out to the management on staff to help fix this situation. The last thing we want is for you to leave feeling mistreated and that is not what we represent. The issue at hand has been brought up with everyone on property and we will take the corrective steps to fix this. We will be reaching out to you personally to help in that process. Again, I am incredibly sorry and I hope that you can give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

we stayed here for just one night, as we spent the 4th in Chattanooga and then we headed to the ocoee for some white water rafting and zip-lining..the front desk staff was very nice and and informative..the hotel has benn updated and is very nice and modern..room was nice with soft beds and pillows..only bad thing was they did not have a free breakfast, even if it would just be juice and cereal..for a hotel at this price point you would expect that..however they do offer breakfast at the onsite restaurant for a price..it was a nice hotel though and I'd recommend staying here..but if your like me and want a breakfast included look at my other reviews for the staybridge suites which is around the corner..if they weren't sold out we would have stayed there..they are a little bit cheaper and the best breakfast at any hotel I've ever stayed at..

Room Tip: pick a bottom floor room as they do not have an elevator for the second floor..
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear about the great customer experience you had and that our room met your high standards. I am sorry to hear about the breakfast issue as I know it can be confusing. As part of our Courtyard brand our breakfast can be included as part of your rate. For a ten dollar difference guests can have a hot made to order breakfast from a variety of healthy and hearty options in the Bistro. This includes breakfast for two adults with children under twelve eating free so you receive a high quality breakfast for a smaller difference. We would love the chance to make it up to you the next time you are traveling through Chattanooga. We hope you can give us another try and we would love to exceed your expectations all the way around.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Drove through on the way to a vacation destination and enjoyed it so much we stay there on our return trip. Staff was accommodating. Building is older and there is no elevator so if accessibility is an issue you may want to request the first floor.

Room Tip: If on first floor ask for room that looks out to pool or your sliding doors open to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your comments. It is great to hear that you returned to our location on your travels back. We strive to give a great guest experience and I am proud to hear that we did that. We recently went through our renovations in 2011 and it is true that we do not have an elevator, but based upon availability we will always try to accommodate first floor requests. We hope to see you again soon when you are traveling through Chattanooga.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Three days here for business and I'd come again. Average Courtyard but staff push up the rating. Dustin and Kevin made me welcome and took care of requests. Location is convenient and generally quiet despite proximity to freeway. A few restaurants within walking distance, also Starbucks, and large shopping area a few blocks away.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

It makes me proud to read such great comments about our staff services. We try to go above and beyond for every guest to make sure they have an exceptional stay and I’m glad you did. We consider Dustin and Kevin our rock-stars at the front desk and I will definitely make sure to pass along your comments. We are located next door to Hamilton Place, the largest shopping mall in Chattanooga. There are great shopping opportunities and restaurants to try without having to travel far and it’s wonderful that our location was a great match for you. We can’t wait to see you again the next time you’re in Chattanooga.