“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Wonderful staff. Kevin was extremely helpful. We will stay at a Courtyard again tonight because of our great experience at the Chattanooga Courtyard.

This survey should not require 200 characters - could lose important feedback with this requirement!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga I-75, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let me know that Kevin did a great job caring for you during your stay with us. We are very proud of him and he will be recognized for his efforts. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I would like to say that after driving 8 hours trying to get home and finding that Atlanta got shut down. The Hotel had Service beyond Excellent. With so many opportunity with the bad weather also hitting Chattanooga to reduce service so that there employee could make it home safe the complete staff stepped up. I'm a platinum guest and have always had great service with Courtyard however this location provided service compared to none. Thanks again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael P
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Sometimes you can only make the best out of a bad situation for everyone. I am very proud of my team that stayed behind at the hotel to take care of a 100% full hotel, all the guests and each other. We appreciate your loyalty as a Platinum Elite member with Marriott and look forward to your next stay with us. Hopefully the sun will be shining!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 11pm with 3 kids after being on the road for 15 hours in the pouring rain. :-( The staff was so helpful and quick to get us a room. The room and bathroom were both very clean and spacious. We didn't realize until the next day that our room had a door leading to the pool/courtyard area. Nice to step out and get some fresh air in the morning. My only issue was that no one told us about rooms with breakfast and I was so tired I didn't think to ask until the morning. We had to grab breakfast on the road not a big deal but it would have been nice to know it was an option. If we're ever in the area again this is where we'll stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga I-75, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I have traveled 14 hours to Dallas with two boys, I can not imagine three kids in pouring rain. I am glad you were able to rest up in one of our courtyard view rooms. I do apologize that my staff did not make you aware of your eligability for breakfast in our Bistro. I have shared your feedback with our team for us to improve and take better care of our guests. We look forward to your next visit. Feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel if I can be of assistance.
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Clean, comfy and close highway access. We were there just for an overnight stay, but if you're looking for a place convenient to shopping, this is a great location. Mall is located very near the hotel. HIghway access is just few minutes away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga I-75, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Happy New Year and thank you for sharing your feeedback. We are the closest hotel with ease to the mall with surrounding shopping and dining. Maybe the next time you can take the time to shop and take advantage of shopping package that we run from time to time. I'm glad our team took good care of your room. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your business.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Easy check-in and check-out. Older place but room was nice & big. Bed was comfy and breakfast was standard. Convenient to the interstate which was nice. Lots of restaurants close by and a nice selection too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga I-75, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed overnight on a Saturday, and it was a great stay from beginning to end. The room was lovely with a patio. The bed was roomy and comfortable, the pillows were perfect. The service was great. We got everything we needed. The next morning I had coffee at the Starbucks, which I drank in their beautiful lobby in front of the fireplace. I came back later for breakfast, but the Starbucks was closed. The manager, Darla Carney, happily offered to turn on the stove to make me a breakfast sandwich, but I didn't want to put her to any trouble. She recommended a great restaurant and gave me a card for 10% off. I walked to the restaurant and had a delicious meal and great service. It was a fantastic stay and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga I-75, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to read that Darla went out of her way to try to feed you after we had closed. We are very proud of her and her service. Nothing like Starbucks on a cold morning and did you know we provide it 24 hours a day. Almost anyone on our team even in the middle of the night can make a Starbucks drink. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.
Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

When I checked into the hotel it was explained to me that this was an older property, which is why it has no elevator. Given that the modern elevator was invented in 1852, it seemed a bit of a weird excuse.

In any case there are only two floors, but you had better make sure you are on the ground floor if you have any difficulty with stairs.

I don't know how old the property is, but rather weirdly the upstairs is split in two so if you go up the wrong staircase it is possible to find yourself unable to access your room without going back down the stairs and going up different stairs.

Despite the weirdness of the layout, the property has been nicely remodeled. The reception area is certainly what you'd expect of a modern Courtyard. They have the usual bar and food items.

The rooms have been updated too. Tasteful decor, functional furniture, good access to power sockets for all your devices. The bathroom was clean and updated. Not ultra modern, but certainly fresh and clean. The bed was excellent and there was plenty of lighting. Heating and cooling about what you'd expect; an adjustable wall unit. And correcting a mistake of many Marriott properties in the past, you get a refrigerator.

For bonus points, this property also gives you free WiFi and the option to purchase an upgraded service that got me 6Mbps. Unlike some hotels if you buy the upgrade you can connect multiple devices without paying for each one. Guests with status also get this upgrade for free.

I really have no complaints about the lobby and the room. The bed was excellent too. My only critique is the stupid layout, which can make finding the room tricky, or parking in a place close to the room hard. Perhaps better signage or a little map could help with that problem.

If you can overlook that inconvenience, everything else is excellent, and I would certainly stay here again on my next business trip to the area.

Room Tip: If you have ANY difficulties with stairs, be sure you get on the ground floor, because there are no...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. Yes, we are one of the first Courtyard Marriott hotels in design. Back in 1991 the demographics of the traveler did not trigger an expectation for an elevator “Courtyard by Marriott -- the first lodging brand exclusively designed for business travel by business travelers” was the quote of the day. A lot has changed since then, but not our service. We are committed to making that concern not one for our guests by always providing complimentary luggage assistance or first floor if preferred. We love your idea of a simple map of our layout and our team is working on that. We look forward to your next visit and appreciate your business. Maybe if you have time when you come back you can look at what we have drawn up for a map and share any other suggestions to make it easier for our guests.