“Great visit”

GreenLeadersGold level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great visit”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel was a great spot, close to Hamilton Place and many resteraunts. The room was comfortable and nice. The patio area was great and loved sitting outside! The staff was friendly and courteous. My only complaint would be that housekeeping knocked on my door bright and early wanting to see if I was still there, and that is one of my few pet peeves!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Our patio is one of our favorite guest amenities especially after being renovated last year. We are currently working on our landscaping and this area will be accentuate even more with new floral and shrubs. Our staff strives every day to ensure we exceed our guest expectations. I apologize if we did not respect your do not disturb sign on your door and knocked. We start cleaning rooms at 8:30AM everyday and should respect all do not disturb signs. I have shared this with our team for the improvement process to continue. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Greenwood
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Recently remodeled and upgraded facility. Many restaurants within walking distance (1/4 mile) max. Staff courteous and helpful. This review needs to be 200 words minimum so this is how I get to that minimum.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your feedback. We are continuously making improvements to our property. Please see our staff the next time you are with us as many restaurants have partnered with us for dining discounts. Our team does aim to take care of each and every guest. We look forward to your next visit.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family stays at this Courtyard numerous times a year as our daughter attends UTC.
We have found the property to be excellent in all aspects with well maintained public areas and fine guest rooms. The best quality however, is the well trained and very attentive staff. From the front desk to the housekeepers to the engineer and the Bistro staff, we have always enjoyed great service and friendly interactions.

I would highly recommend this Courtyard to both pleasure and business clients.

Scott & Lisa Alden Nashville, Tennessee

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your business. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next trip in to see your daughter. As always, let us know if we can ever be of assistance or do anything to make your trip more enjoyable.
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I guess I was expecting more, which left me a little disappointed. Allison was great at helping me get situated and I could not have asked for more from her. The hotel was the issue. Firstly, there was no elevator since the hotel only had two floors. The room looked okay, but was nothing special. I had to switch rooms because of a malfunctioning toilet. They gave me a room directly above that one and that room had toilet issues also. Maintenance said it was a plumbing problem inside the wall. Other than this, the lobby had a clean appearance and the staff was nice.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
You should expect more when you stay with us and I am sorry we left you disappointed in us. I am glad Allison helped you get situated well. Unfortunately we can not change the design of the property, but we do provide complimentary luggage assistance to anyone going to the second floor because we realize for some they may require it. I am very sorry that the plumbing was not working properly at that time. We have since corrected the problem. Please contact me directly and I will be glad to address your concern personally. We value your business and your candid feedback.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The staff was nice and very professional but the room was wet from the faulty AC. I have severe mold allergies and I've been sick for two days now. The hotel looks really seedy from the outside but has been nicely renovated inside...too bad the AC wasn't replaced. I actually had to go sleep in the car at 4am because I couldn't breathe. I travel often and I've never had to do that.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank BentonFamily4
I am so sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. If you can reach back to me here at the property so I can speak to you so I can address personally. As I mentioned to another family we have replaced the units in question. We appreciate your business and do not want to lose you as a guest. We make all efforts to catch potential issues before our guests do, but just like home, sometimes things just quit working correctly unexpectedly. I am sorry we did not catch this one. We are very excited to be currently working on a beautification project for our property. This entails waiting for October planting season and then taking the next six months over winter to do some really exciting things with our landscaping to match as you mentioned, our new renovation inside the building. Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to speaking with you when you have time. I assure you we will make this right by you.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel is so convenient to everything. Good restaurants and great mall. The staff is exceptional. Everything would have been perfect except our room was WET! The moisture from the air conditioner made everything in the room damp - our clothes, the bed linens, everything. I called the front desk & they sent a maintenance man who brought us a large floor fan. Well, it was near 90 degrees so the fan was ok for a short while and then we spent a miserable, hot night. When we checked out, I asked to speak to a manager. Allison on the front desk said she was the acting manager. She wrote the info & said she would pass it along. I don't know what needs to be done to remedy this, but I wonder how much of a health hazard it is to not have proper air circulation from an AC. I don't think the staff was really equipped to handle the problem. As I said, the staff was wonderful. The room was clean. The dining area very nice. Location great. But I wouldn't chance staying here again with the room problem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am so sorry that we failed to provide you with a comfortable stay. If you can reach back to me here at the property so I can speak to you. I want to make sure we make this up to you. We have replaced that unit and a couple more that we found that were not performing to standard. We appreciate your business and do not want to lose you as a guest. We make all efforts to catch potential issues before our guests do, but just like home, sometimes things just quit working correctly. I am sorry we did not catch this one. I did also share with my team the wonderful comments about our staff service. Thank you. I look forward to speaking with you when you have time. I promise we will make it right if you give us the chance.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were on a 3 day road trip and this was one of the hotels off the I-75. The place was fantastic and very reasonably priced (we paid $129). The rooms were clean and modern and the place had all of the amenities. The staff were also extra helpful...much more than other places I have stayed.

I think this is a perfect place for a family to stay. It is also right next to a full mall and lots of nice restaurants and it's just off th I-75.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to lend your feedback. I am glad we met your expectations. Please reach out to us when your travels bring you back this way.