“Awesome!!”

Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place
Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here on business and everything about my stay was terrific. Friendly, helpful staff. Rooms are nice, clean and very much set up for the business traveler...loved the moveable desk! Every request I made of the staff was met with a smile and responsive service. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat!

MJ from California

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for your business. I am glad our team hit the mark with you. Please reach out to us to make your reservations when your travel plans are bringing you back to this area. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We are Marriott Reward Members and often use Marriott Hotels. This hotel was a mixed bag. The employees were very nice, responsive and receptive. I loved that they provide Paul Mitchell hair products-but the containers are too small and difficult to use. The queen bed was comfortable but the pull out that was to sleep two people-our 5 and 8 year olds-was not big enough. It was really a single, not a queen. My 5 year old son actually fell out of the bed! There was no hair dryer in the room. The biggest problem was it was DIRTY! Our room smelled like mildewed armpit!! The whirlpool spa was directly below us, room 206, and our carpet felt damp. My clothes actually felt damp when I took them out of my weekender bag. My husband moved the bedside table to get something he dropped and he found tons of dust-"the brown wall and red carpet was white with dust". Our bathroom floor didn't seem clean. One of the cushions on the pullout sofa had a mysterious large white stain on it. Let's just say, I kept my shoes on! The pool was very nice and seemed clean. I like that they provided towels by the pool. The lounge chairs were nice quality and comfortable. There is a nice outdoor patio meeting area. The decor was up to date and achieved a modern feel. The colors were nice downstairs. It was freezing in the common areas, so bring a sweater! The cafe was another issue. The food was VERY average. The buffet, which we opted for in the price of our room was nice but the second morning we were surprised to find we had to order from the menu because a large group had left. My children were very disappointed not to be able to have the buffet again. The buffet was good. I DO NOT like the fact that there are several TVs in the eating area. Even if you turn the one off that is at your table, you still have one in your eyeline. I do love the fact that the menu lists calories of each dish. Our first night we ordered cocktails and they were out of several things, and even though the girl told me my drink was on happy hour, she till overcharged me $2.00. I subscribe to the theory that "details make the difference". In this case the details weren't in their favor. We stayed there because all the hotels downtown were booked, we probably wouldn't stay there again. If I had it to do over again I would have insisted on being moved to another room, being reimbursed or would go to another hotel.

Room Tip: DO NOT get the room above the spa(206)!!! It smells like pool chemicals and is damp!! I would recomm...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your candid feedback. First, let me say we are very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Secondly, may I ask for you to reach back out to me here at the property to make sure this review is of our property and/or the correct room number. When we investigated the concern of room 206 it is not located above the spa area, it is actually over the fitness area and another guest room. We also did not locate any dampness, odor or other concerns in that room or the room that is actually over the spa. The dampness, odor and even temperature may have been possibly accentuated by all the severe rain we had that Friday and Saturday? If this is our hotel's review I will be glad to touch on each concern and even adjust your account appropriately for any inconvenience you experienced that were within our control. As a Marriott Rewards member, and like any of our guests, we certainly value your business. Whether it is us or another Marriott property we want to make sure you are well taken care of even when sometimes we make a mistake.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Being greeted with a smile Everytime you walk into a place doesn't happen often but Everytime I walked through the doors everyone was welcoming and helpful. Even when I forgot my key and locked myself out at midnight the lady behind the desk took care of it without grumbling. The room I stayed in was spotless. The shower was great. The location is great if you are shopping or dining somewhere. overall I really had zero complaints.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and your business. Our team strives to exceed guest expectations. We look forward to your next visit with us. Please feel free to reach out to us directly to make your next reservation.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel the past week. Was surprised to hear upon arrival that they have no elevators. I understand there's only 2 floors but really? What multilevel hotel doesn't have an elevator for use. When I arrived to room I was surprised how small it was. I believe this hotel is geared towards the business traveler so how do you not offer a continental breakfast at least??? They have "The Bistro" but there should be a free continental breakfast. The only thing that saves hotel is location near Hamilton Place, shops and restaurants galore.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. We realize that for some guests not having elevators can be an inconvenience. To make up for this we provide complimentary luggage assistance for all our guests. Courtyard by Marriott as a brand does not provide a free continental breakfast, however since we do charge it allows us to provide a wider, healthier variety of choices including Starbuck's that can be purchased individually or through our special rates that do include breakfast. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future. If you give us that chance, we will make sure you have a first floor room and breakfast on me. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay in Chattanooga. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations. We truly appreciate your business. My team and I are looking forward to your next visit. Please reach out to us if you or others you know need help with reservations or have any special needs.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This Courtyard has an updated lobby with the balance of the hotel being a regular Courtyard. The restaurant prices seemed pretty high for breakfast but the service is excellent! The staff was excellent as well - very friendly and helpful. They provided us with an early check-in as well as directions to several places that we wanted to see. We will certainly consider this hotel for a second stay when in Chattanooga again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga at Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback. I will make sure our team reads your review. We are always willing to do our best to satisfy our guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Yes, the staff is friendly, yes the hotel lobby as well as the guest rooms are very nice but when you pull up you may be a little lerry. The outside has not been updated. I was very upset because we booked this hotel based off the fact that their website said they had a pool. If you've got kids, you know the pool can be the highlight of any trip. My children were very excited. Upon checking in we could see out to the pool area and my kids ran over to the window. It was then that I was informed by the staff the pool doesn't open until after Memorial Day! So infuriating. I should have read the other reviews on TA regarding the not free breakfast. For the price of the hotel you'd think they could at least include breakfast. Would not stay here again unless the pool was open. And the hotel website should state the pool is closed from X date to X date so that I don't have to deal with my disappointed children.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa18

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. You will be glad to know we have just completed resurfacing our parking lot and doing touches to brighten up our appearance. I have children also and know how disappointed they can easily get in turn making it hard on mom and dad. Unfortunately back at that time we had just finished refinishing the deck of the pool to update the area. Because of feedback like yours, we pushed a little harder to get everything done and opened a week earlier. Courtyard Marriott's do not provide a free continental breakfast, however we do have a full breakfast with healthy choices and a kids menu that can be purchased individually or through our special rates that do include breakfast for a family of four. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.