“Would stay elsewhere next time.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Michigan
“Would stay elsewhere next time.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

The hotel was close to shopping and restaurants and right off I-75. It's some distance from downtown and Lookout Mountain, but I would stay in this area again. After checking in, we found the toilet to be very low. We requested a change to a handicapped room, and one was provided with no problem. The room appeared clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom lighting was very poor, and we had a constant sound of running water in the bathroom (such as an overflowing bathtub above us). The rooms were supposed to be equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. The first room had a microwave but was missing a refrigerator. The second room was missing a microwave and had a refrigerator that didn't work. When we questioned the front desk about it, we were informed that they were in the process of remodeling; and not all rooms had all equipment. They did not offer to provide equipment from another room. There was no heat in the room. There was a burning smell when it was turned on, so we turned it off. We informed the front desk of the problem. We had reservations for two nights at this place. When we returned to the room the second night, we were locked out and had to go to the front desk to have the keys reactivated. I expressed my dissatisfaction regarding this stay with two different hotel personnel but didn't get a response from either one. I guess they would prefer to ignore any problems or dissatisfaction. Watch this place! Upon checkout, the receipt they gave me showed a charge of $9 more per night than what I was quoted and which I had initialed on the paper when we checked in. I pointed this out, and they were prompt in confirming the price difference and changing it. They are in the process of remodeling, and they do have comfortable beds and large screen tv's; however, at this point, I would stay somewhere else, at least until they have completed the remodeling.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
springfield illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2008

In the past I have had a good experience with comfort inn but this place is terrible. When I arrived my carpet was dirty and looked like it wasn't vacuumed. I asked for a vacuum cleaner so I could clean the floor assuming housekeeping wasn't there because it was late. The vacuum cleaner didn't work. The bedding had dirt on it. The people at the desk did tell me to talk to the manager in the morning to be compensated. In the morning there was no breakfast. The manager told me the person didn't show up that was supposed to prepare the breakfast. The desk people were always pleasant but I would never stay there again.

• Liked — located close to the freeway
  • Disliked — dirty room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

This hotel was definitely not up to the standard I think Choice hotels should be. It needed lots of work. The carpets throughout the hotel were stained as well as the elevator doors. The breakfast was minimal. The toaster for toast would only toast two slices of bread although it was for four. The knob on the other side of the toaster was broken. I thought we could get adjoining rooms but my two older children weren't even on the same floor as us. My daughters room had no toilet paper we had to go down to the desk and get some. It was suppose to be nonsmoking, that's what it said, yet there was an ashtray in the room and it smelled slightly. I just wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The location was good
  • Disliked — It was very worn looking and dirty
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2008

We did not actually stay at this site, but down the road from it. However, my husband kept saying "This would be something that I would want to know..."

The hotel is located near a pretty busy intersection. It is directly across the street from some busy restaurants. What really got out attention was the pool. It was literally feet away from the main road and enclosed by a wrought-iron fence. There was absolutely no privacy and if we had been staying there, I would not have felt comfortable using the pool facilities.

Several times we drove by and noticed service men standing in the parking lot draped up across the fence and watching a few people laying out in the sun.

I cannot comment any other point of the hotel. The facade looked new and inviting. It was just in a terrible location to relax.

Stayed June 2008
SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2007

The hotel was clean. Beds were comfortable. Staff was okay but could have used more personality. Breakfast was good, had a little more to choose from than most. Location was okay. Remodeling pool and construction. Parking lot needed to be better. Tv was excellent, they are putting in large screen fancy tvs in all the rooms.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — parking lot
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

We stopped at this Comfort Inn on a long drive around midnight without a reservation, and luckily they did have a room available. The hotel looked new, and the room we had was spacious and clean; the bathroom was very bright and clean looking. The free continental breakfast was not the best, but it was adequate. For $90 I thought it was overpriced, but then given we did not have a reservation I guess it was ok.

Stayed August 2007
Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2007

The only good thing I have to say about this hotel was they processed my online confirmed hotel booking for one of their rooms. That was fast and plesant. Here is where plesant stops cold and the nightmare begins.

The elevator ride to our floor was SLOW and with no air conditioning, we felt trapped in a sauna.

We arrived, three hours AFTER the suggested check-in time--and found our room door WIDE OPEN. Inside, both beds were stripped of linens; the used ones were covering the floor--and evidently had been used!! And we waited nearly two hours till the non-English speaking housekeeping staff finally cleaned up the messy room!!

This alone ruined our stay in Chattanooga.

The room air conditioning also was not working right, so we were kept warm in the room...it was going to be a long night.

We got NO apologies from hotel check in desk staff, NO attempts to move us into a cleaner room and NO offers to discount adjust our overnight hotel stay bill!! We paid $92 for one night in this flunky hotel room!!

I'd rather sleep in my Jeep than ever return to THIS Comfort Inn/Chattanooga!

• Liked — How fast it took to check in.
  • Disliked — We were given a messy room that took two hours for staff to arrive and clean!!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family