“Great place to stay”

Ranked #34 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Michigan
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and myself were traveling to Florida and wanted a hotel that was an easy on & off location and included breakfast. This hotel provided both. Our room was very nice and clean and quiet. I did run out of hot water at the end of my shower. I told the desk clerk when we left. The staff was great and very helpful. Absolutely loved the hot breakfast - it had everything. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your response! I am glad to hear that you had a good stay with us. Please know that the issue with the hot water has been resolved. I do hope that you come back and stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
michigan
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Traveling from Florida to Michigan & needed a place to stay for the night. Front desk staff was friendly. Stayed in room 110, which is just off the lobby. The TV was on most of the night & was very loud. Room was basically clean but there was dust all along the baseboard where the carpet meets the wall. There was NO clock in the room. Breakfast was nothing special. The room key scanner on the door leading to the parking lot was missing, the wires were hanging out of the wall. Anyone could have walked into the hotel. If you are looking for a place to sleep for 1 or 2 nights it is okay.

Room Tip: Rooms near the lobby are noisy
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your comments! Please know that this issues you addressed have since been fixed.
Salisbury
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight here and it was a nice small motel for the money. It was clean, the staff was very helpful, and the breakfast was fine. The heater was a little noisy and the hot water was a little slack but not to the point we felt a need to complain. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your response! I appreciate you staying with us and hope that you stay with us again in the future!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I are loyal Choice Hotel members. We look for a Choice Hotel whenever we travel. A few years ago, we stayed at this hotel and found it to be run down, not taken care of, and staff extremely rude. After that, we started staying elsewhere. Last week, we had to drive by this hotel and noticed a huge change to the outside of the hotel. It looked cleaner and better maintained than before. Since we had to stay in the area, we went it to see how everything else was. WE WERE SUPRISED!! A totally different hotel than before!! The girl at the desk was very friendly and allowed us to see a room. My wife and I walked in and you can tell that the room was fresh and clean!! Nothing like before. I am not sure if the hotel changed hands or changed managers, but whatever it is, keep up the good work!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your kind words!! We are under new management and our staff is working hard to better the hotel. It makes us feel good to see a prior guest come back and see what we have been able to improve and what we are continuing to work on. I hope that you will keep coming back to stay with us again in the future!!
Maryville, TN
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Booked a last minute stay at this location for my son and me due to early morning errands that we needed to run in Chattanooga. I used 12,000 Choice Rewards points for this stay. Location is great...right beside I-75 and Lee Highway which was the reason for choosing this hotel.

I have to say that Comfort Inn and Suites is not the quality that they were 5 years ago. I'm not sure what has happened to this chain but it is very disappointing. My son and I arrived around 11pm and check in was quick and easy. We were first assigned to room 215, but I quickly requested a change after turning on the heater. When the heat kicked on the unit sounded like an electric saw running. I went to the front desk and was quickly reassigned to room 214. The heat unit in this room was much quieter! This room was the standard room with 2 queen beds, flat screen TV, small refrigerator, and microwave. There were 2 chairs and a table squeezed in between the bed and the far wall. There is definitely not enough space in this small room for all the furniture. One of the chairs had to be moved just to get to the heater. The beds were comfortable enough, but the pillows were cheap and lumpy. I actually went to my car and got a small travel pillow to place under one of the lumpy pillows so I could adjust the height of the lumps. I heard no noise in the halls or outside during the night. The furniture in this room is very worn.

At 7am the next morning, I got into the shower and had about 1 minute of hot water. I had to turn the water off from the shower head and kneel down in the tub to rinse the shampoo out of my hair to keep from freezing to death! The wind chill outside this particular morning was around 1 degree and a hot shower would have felt wonderful, but not at this location! I quickly dried off and dressed and then realized there was no hot water in the sink either. I called the front desk and reported the water problem, and the clerk's response was "Did you turn it off and turn it back on?" Seriously??? I'm 45 years old and should know if there's hot water in the shower and sink!

I can't report anything about the breakfast buffet as we did not eat breakfast here.

I would not recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your response. Let me be the first to apologize for ALL the Inconveniences that you experienced. Please know that we are working hard to improve our hotel and make every guests experience a good one. Just so you know, I have refunded your points back to your account as well as added extra to compensate you for your dissatisfaction. I do hope that you will come back and see the changes that we are making and see that we are serious about Guest Satisfaction.
Fairview, North Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2014

What a surprise this little hotel was!! From the outside it appeared rather small and maybe cramped, but inside it was very comfortable. The room was decorated so well - the bathroom was a great size with extra room. Parking was located to make entry into the hotel very safe and convenient. And the lobby with adjoining self-serve cafe, was cozy and comfortable. Hotel location is near shopping and lots of restaurants. And the price was right!! I would definitely recommend this particular Comfort Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the parking lot, but there was no problem with noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you again on your next trip to Chattanooga!!
Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Room smelled damp, was right off the lobby which was noisy, small room for a "Suite". definitely the worst Comfort Suite I ever stayed in. Look elsewhere. This should be a budget hotel or something else certainly does not live up to the Comfort Inn brand.

Room Tip: Look at other hotels in the area unless your a truck driver..no offense
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I want to personally apologize for you not having a good stay at our hotel. My staff and I have been working hard to better our hotel and I'm truly sorry that you did not experience a good stay with us. I do hope that you will give us another chance to win you over on your next trip to the Chattanooga, TN area.