“You Can Tell It's Getting Better!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I are loyal Choice Hotel members. We look for a Choice Hotel whenever we travel. A few years ago, we stayed at this hotel and found it to be run down, not taken care of, and staff extremely rude. After that, we started staying elsewhere. Last week, we had to drive by this hotel and noticed a huge change to the outside of the hotel. It looked cleaner and better maintained than before. Since we had to stay in the area, we went it to see how everything else was. WE WERE SUPRISED!! A totally different hotel than before!! The girl at the desk was very friendly and allowed us to see a room. My wife and I walked in and you can tell that the room was fresh and clean!! Nothing like before. I am not sure if the hotel changed hands or changed managers, but whatever it is, keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your kind words!! We are under new management and our staff is working hard to better the hotel. It makes us feel good to see a prior guest come back and see what we have been able to improve and what we are continuing to work on. I hope that you will keep coming back to stay with us again in the future!!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Booked a last minute stay at this location for my son and me due to early morning errands that we needed to run in Chattanooga. I used 12,000 Choice Rewards points for this stay. Location is great...right beside I-75 and Lee Highway which was the reason for choosing this hotel.

I have to say that Comfort Inn and Suites is not the quality that they were 5 years ago. I'm not sure what has happened to this chain but it is very disappointing. My son and I arrived around 11pm and check in was quick and easy. We were first assigned to room 215, but I quickly requested a change after turning on the heater. When the heat kicked on the unit sounded like an electric saw running. I went to the front desk and was quickly reassigned to room 214. The heat unit in this room was much quieter! This room was the standard room with 2 queen beds, flat screen TV, small refrigerator, and microwave. There were 2 chairs and a table squeezed in between the bed and the far wall. There is definitely not enough space in this small room for all the furniture. One of the chairs had to be moved just to get to the heater. The beds were comfortable enough, but the pillows were cheap and lumpy. I actually went to my car and got a small travel pillow to place under one of the lumpy pillows so I could adjust the height of the lumps. I heard no noise in the halls or outside during the night. The furniture in this room is very worn.

At 7am the next morning, I got into the shower and had about 1 minute of hot water. I had to turn the water off from the shower head and kneel down in the tub to rinse the shampoo out of my hair to keep from freezing to death! The wind chill outside this particular morning was around 1 degree and a hot shower would have felt wonderful, but not at this location! I quickly dried off and dressed and then realized there was no hot water in the sink either. I called the front desk and reported the water problem, and the clerk's response was "Did you turn it off and turn it back on?" Seriously??? I'm 45 years old and should know if there's hot water in the shower and sink!

I can't report anything about the breakfast buffet as we did not eat breakfast here.

I would not recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for your response. Let me be the first to apologize for ALL the Inconveniences that you experienced. Please know that we are working hard to improve our hotel and make every guests experience a good one. Just so you know, I have refunded your points back to your account as well as added extra to compensate you for your dissatisfaction. I do hope that you will come back and see the changes that we are making and see that we are serious about Guest Satisfaction.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

What a surprise this little hotel was!! From the outside it appeared rather small and maybe cramped, but inside it was very comfortable. The room was decorated so well - the bathroom was a great size with extra room. Parking was located to make entry into the hotel very safe and convenient. And the lobby with adjoining self-serve cafe, was cozy and comfortable. Hotel location is near shopping and lots of restaurants. And the price was right!! I would definitely recommend this particular Comfort Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the parking lot, but there was no problem with noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments! We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you again on your next trip to Chattanooga!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Room smelled damp, was right off the lobby which was noisy, small room for a "Suite". definitely the worst Comfort Suite I ever stayed in. Look elsewhere. This should be a budget hotel or something else certainly does not live up to the Comfort Inn brand.

Room Tip: Look at other hotels in the area unless your a truck driver..no offense
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

I want to personally apologize for you not having a good stay at our hotel. My staff and I have been working hard to better our hotel and I'm truly sorry that you did not experience a good stay with us. I do hope that you will give us another chance to win you over on your next trip to the Chattanooga, TN area.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Michael the general manager was delightful. He offered a warm welcome after a long day of travel. Michael's was willing to assist in any request made. When traveling on I 75 I always plan to stay at this establishment.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

It was MY PLEASURE!! I am so glad that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and look forward to having you come back and see us again!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were traveling through Chattanooga and needed somewhere clean, neat and safe for the night. This place was well priced for just this purpose. If I were staying ANY longer, I would not choose this location.

The staff did their job, but with no enthusiasm about it.... It appeared to be a chore to be there for each of them.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you KellieTU for your comment about your recent stay at our hotel. Please let me take a moment to apologize that my staff did not help to make your stay as good as it should have been. Fantastic Customer Service is essential for a good stay, and it saddens me that you did not receive this. Please let me know if you ever come back thru the Chattanooga area again. I would love to have the chance to demonstrate our true service that our guests should receive.

Thank you!
Michael Henderson

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stopped on our way to west Tennessee. This was our second time staying at this motel. It's location off I-75, exit #5 is very convenient for travelers, with plenty of gas stations, stores, and restaurants nearby. We have enjoyed staying there both times. The lobby is attractive, and homey. We were treated very well at check in, and found the room to be up to standards for what we consider to be a good motel chain. Parking is very convenient with entrances off both the first, and second floor.I have absolutely no complaints, and the price is very reasonable. They also accept motel book coupons, which can save you a considerable amount of money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful words! We appreciate you staying with our hotel and look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Michael Henderson