“Not bad at all”

Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Saint Martinville, Louisiana
“Not bad at all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you're looking for a hotel for one night this place works, I can't imagine staying for a week as it is a pretty small property and I think I would be claustrophobic. The staff is friendly and the room was clean. There were a few maintenance issues as they had a leak in the ceiling outside my room but it didnt affect our stay. The pool area is small but clean. Breakfast was good but typical for this type of hotel as there were some sports teams that apparently had no chaperones and they would jump in front of everyone when fresh food was brought out but not the hotel's fault.......Anyway, good stay and would do again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I'm very glad to see that you had a good stay! We are working hard to make this hotel one of the hidden jewels of the Shallowford Road area and I do hope that you come stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Arrived on 7/21/13 from PA at 1:30 p.m. Daughter had a Nationals Softball tournament. Told we would have to wait because the room wasn't ready. We unpacked and went to our room at 2:30 at which time we noticed there was mold on the bathroom walls, ceiling and tub. In addition mold appeared to be growing on the air conditioner. Housekeeping came by with a bottle of vinegar stating that he was there to take care of the problem. I explained that vinegar would not rectify the mold situation. He said we weren't supposed to be in there until 3 and that he was going to have it cleaned up prior to us coming in. I went to the front desk to voice my satisfaction and to let the woman know at the desk that we may be cancelling our reservation for the week and that I needed to check with the softball team. She went to the back, spoke to her manager who never bothered to come out at all and came out stating that if we cancelled she would have to charge us for one night. After stating that we were not paying anything for cancelling a moldy room she went back to speak with the manager and came out saying we could cancel if we would like. The entire team left as there was mold in multiple rooms. Would never stay at this Comfort Inn and Suites. Far from what a hotel stay should be and would be shut down if the health inspector ever made a suprise visit...

Room Tip: With all the hotels in the vicinity, you are better going somewhere else for a few bucks more.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Kim for your comments about your stay at our hotel. I am so very sorry that you encountered the items that you did and that the prior manager did not take the time to talk to you about them. Please know that I am the new General Manager of this hotel and I will be working hard to correct those items and hopefully very soon you can stop back by and see the changes ahead. Please let me know when you do!
Crystal River, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Very accessable from I75. Variety if restaurants within walking distance. Staff was very professional. The breakfast was outstanding. There was an attendant to offer any assistance needed and to ensure everything was available and replenished as required. It was immaculate. We will stop here again when our travels take us through Chattanooga.

• Stayed July 2013
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! Everything that you have stated is absolutely correct. Whenever you decide to head back to our area please give us a call or visit the front desk and we'll give you some great ideas for restaurants and other attractions in the area. Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again sooner than later my friend.

Michael Henderson, GM
Lizella
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I swore that I would never stay at the hotel again after my last stay June 2012, but due to the hotel I really wanted was booked, and the fact that Choice Rewards was offering a special, I gave it another chance, and I was suprised!

Upon checking in, I was a little concerned this was going to be a repeat of last year. As I was checking in, a couple came to the desk, and stated that they had been given a room that was already occupied, and another guest was asking for a room that had not flooded (he must have been a previous guest to know this info). The ice machine on the 1st floor was still not working.

HOWEVER, I ended up amazed that obviously the above mentioned were just some slip ups!

1. The staff was ALOT friendlier this trip! In fact, I even saw a blonde woman who appeared to be the manager walking around straightening up, and actually making an appearance. The front desk staff was helpful, and would talk to you, and smiled which was not the case last time!

2. The ice machine on the 1st floor was fixed by Day 2, and even on Day 1 when the machine on the 1st floor was broken, I could go to another floor. There was a sign posted stating this! This was also not the case last time. Last time, we just walked around with our ice bucket till finally we had to ask to be told everything was broken.

3. I was impressed with Housekeeping. On one of our days, we chose not to have housekeeping clean our room because we were sleeping in & going to make it a pool day. I couldn't believe it when I opened my door, and there hanging on the knob was a bag full of fresh towels with toiletries! I have NEVER had this happened before, and was much appreciated, because usually we have to hunt someone down in this situation.

4. Beds were awesome! I have stayed had several other hotels lately, and I could tell I was sleeping in a strange bed, but not these beds. They even had real sized pillows, not those 1/2 sized pillows that look like throw pillows!

5. Room noise was none, and our room was in the front on the 1st floor. I could open my shades, and waves at other customers coming in if I wanted too! I really thought this was going to be a problem, but I never heard a thing!

Down side:

1. No laundry. This was only an inconvenience to me on this trip because my daughter was playing in a ball tournament. I needed to wash her uniforms, and had to take them to her coach's hotel who was accommodating the ball teams, and giving them free wash/dry that weekend.

2. Still not locks on the pool to keep public from walking into the pool area and into the hotel side door. There was a lock on the gate, but it wasn't locked so anyone could walk into the hotel unnoticed because the hotel door did not require a key.

3. Shower does not have no slip stickers in it, and I had to put a towel down in the shower to keep from slipping.

All in all, this was a bad stay, and I could tell the staff at this hotel had made major improvements since my last stay here!

I Would probably stay again since they made major improvements, because I got a price for my stay. We know of other families who stayed at some of the other hotels in the area at a much higher price, and they complained about the cleanliness of that hotel & the fact that it had no pool (Mainstay Suites). In fact our coach checked out of this hotel, and moved to the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: No outside doors are locked even on the 2nd floor. You can park in the parking garage and go straig...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The best thing about this hotel was the staff and breakfast. The worst pillows ever made, too soft mattresses, the furniture needed to be updated and fixed, some of the draws were broken and hard to move. Our bathroom door was rubbing against the light fixture in the ceiling and we tried not to close it often, in case it broke. The tv service that the hotel used didn't come with a menu, so we had to constantly go through the channels to find something to watch. The sheets and blanket also needed updating. The good thing was the staff, they helped you with whatever they could and were very friendly. The continental breakfast was very good, everything you could want at breakfast and very tasty. It was hot, when it was suppose to be, and cold, when it was suppose to be. Ending this, we will not be going back to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This has been by far the best stay I've ever been in, in a hotel. Everything was perfect. I didn't get breakfast, because of my leaving early, so I couldn't rate that. Everything else, was marvelous. The hot tub was a plus!

• Stayed May 2013
Cobourg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in room 112 and it was non smoking but we continually smelled strong smoke in the bathroom. I can only assume it was coming from another room.... it was awful... we had to close the bathroom door then when we opened it we almost passed out with the smell..... the management offered us a 15% discount but not too satisfactory. The breakfast was adequate... what are those yellow flat things.... not eggs....!!!! ran out of batter and not too great........

Room Tip: make sure there are non smoking rooms on both sides of you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple