“Much Improvement since my last stay!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I swore that I would never stay at the hotel again after my last stay June 2012, but due to the hotel I really wanted was booked, and the fact that Choice Rewards was offering a special, I gave it another chance, and I was suprised!

Upon checking in, I was a little concerned this was going to be a repeat of last year. As I was checking in, a couple came to the desk, and stated that they had been given a room that was already occupied, and another guest was asking for a room that had not flooded (he must have been a previous guest to know this info). The ice machine on the 1st floor was still not working.

HOWEVER, I ended up amazed that obviously the above mentioned were just some slip ups!

1. The staff was ALOT friendlier this trip! In fact, I even saw a blonde woman who appeared to be the manager walking around straightening up, and actually making an appearance. The front desk staff was helpful, and would talk to you, and smiled which was not the case last time!

2. The ice machine on the 1st floor was fixed by Day 2, and even on Day 1 when the machine on the 1st floor was broken, I could go to another floor. There was a sign posted stating this! This was also not the case last time. Last time, we just walked around with our ice bucket till finally we had to ask to be told everything was broken.

3. I was impressed with Housekeeping. On one of our days, we chose not to have housekeeping clean our room because we were sleeping in & going to make it a pool day. I couldn't believe it when I opened my door, and there hanging on the knob was a bag full of fresh towels with toiletries! I have NEVER had this happened before, and was much appreciated, because usually we have to hunt someone down in this situation.

4. Beds were awesome! I have stayed had several other hotels lately, and I could tell I was sleeping in a strange bed, but not these beds. They even had real sized pillows, not those 1/2 sized pillows that look like throw pillows!

5. Room noise was none, and our room was in the front on the 1st floor. I could open my shades, and waves at other customers coming in if I wanted too! I really thought this was going to be a problem, but I never heard a thing!

Down side:

1. No laundry. This was only an inconvenience to me on this trip because my daughter was playing in a ball tournament. I needed to wash her uniforms, and had to take them to her coach's hotel who was accommodating the ball teams, and giving them free wash/dry that weekend.

2. Still not locks on the pool to keep public from walking into the pool area and into the hotel side door. There was a lock on the gate, but it wasn't locked so anyone could walk into the hotel unnoticed because the hotel door did not require a key.

3. Shower does not have no slip stickers in it, and I had to put a towel down in the shower to keep from slipping.

All in all, this was a bad stay, and I could tell the staff at this hotel had made major improvements since my last stay here!

I Would probably stay again since they made major improvements, because I got a price for my stay. We know of other families who stayed at some of the other hotels in the area at a much higher price, and they complained about the cleanliness of that hotel & the fact that it had no pool (Mainstay Suites). In fact our coach checked out of this hotel, and moved to the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: No outside doors are locked even on the 2nd floor. You can park in the parking garage and go straig...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The best thing about this hotel was the staff and breakfast. The worst pillows ever made, too soft mattresses, the furniture needed to be updated and fixed, some of the draws were broken and hard to move. Our bathroom door was rubbing against the light fixture in the ceiling and we tried not to close it often, in case it broke. The tv service that the hotel used didn't come with a menu, so we had to constantly go through the channels to find something to watch. The sheets and blanket also needed updating. The good thing was the staff, they helped you with whatever they could and were very friendly. The continental breakfast was very good, everything you could want at breakfast and very tasty. It was hot, when it was suppose to be, and cold, when it was suppose to be. Ending this, we will not be going back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This has been by far the best stay I've ever been in, in a hotel. Everything was perfect. I didn't get breakfast, because of my leaving early, so I couldn't rate that. Everything else, was marvelous. The hot tub was a plus!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in room 112 and it was non smoking but we continually smelled strong smoke in the bathroom. I can only assume it was coming from another room.... it was awful... we had to close the bathroom door then when we opened it we almost passed out with the smell..... the management offered us a 15% discount but not too satisfactory. The breakfast was adequate... what are those yellow flat things.... not eggs....!!!! ran out of batter and not too great........

Room Tip: make sure there are non smoking rooms on both sides of you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

After checking the reviews for this hotel we decided to stay for one night. The room was clean and the concierge was helpful. The breakfast was enough carbs for everyone to stay satiated until lunch. Would recommend to other families for the time being.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice, I had made a reservation thru expedia for a ground floor room and said that I had a scooter, so when I arrived was given the handicapped room 118 with the roll in shower. It was great very clean, the bedding was nice and comfortable. Only bad thing about it was you almost needed A stepladder to get into the bed it was so tall. I am 5 ft 5. Had a great desk chair internet came in pretty well and was free. had a microwave and fridge in the room. I was supposed to arriving oct 31, but due to hurricane sandy I ended up leaving early and arrived oct 28th and was told I would be able to stay in the room for the entire time (til nov 5th) I had called the hotel from home to add the extra 3 days.
I was told just to come down and check out and check right back in. Well it wasnt so easy, I went down for the breakfast and they informed me I was giong to have to change rooms as someone else had booked the handicapped room at the end of sept. I had booked my room way back in july but was informed I didnt ask for a handicapped room, only for a ground floor. I told her I had a scooter in there and case of water and food and had noone to help me move it, so they said they would send someone to assist me . they sent the housekeeping staff and I was moved to room 115. which had a tub and shower. I had to ask to have a shower chair to put in. the housekeeping staff doesnt seem to speak english very well. the wi fi didnt work as well in room 115. it was closer to the lobby and pool tho. one day it wouldnt connect at all and I had to take my laptop outside.the desk chair was very chintzy not like the first one, and felt like it was ready to collapse.
The breakfast is nice, seemed to be kind of a flat scrambled egg one day and boiled eggs the next, along with oatmeal fresh fruit, juice and coffee, cereal sausage, bagels, muffins donuts toast. The person staffing the area was very nice and helpful. I think the coffee and possibly the juice is available all the time.
they have a nice indoor pool The parking was quite full and when you came in in the evening, it was hard to find a place to park. the handicapped area had construction trucks behind it every night until we complained as you coudlnt even swing into the parking space.
They were pleasant at the check in and check out process. I would stay here again but definitely be sure to request a ground floor handicapped room, not just ground floor.The pictures are from the first hotel room 118 the handicapped one. I took them so you can see this is really not what I would call a suite, its more like a glorified living room with a half divider between that and the bed.
they also have a small fitness room near by the pool.

Room Tip: handicapped room was nice. I have no idea why they would charge $5 more for a non smoking room than...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place is the nastiest hotel I think I have ever stayed in. When I was here two weeks ago, I had to ask the front desk to have someone come and clean the bathroom because there was hair all over the toilet and the tub was blackened looking. My Mom stayed in the room and said housekeeping came in and grunted real loud as she was cleaning, but the bathroom looked the same. Today when I return, the carpet in my room is filthy, someone's previously used towel was hanging on the back of the bathroom door, the carpet is dirty with loose dirt all over, the fridge is full - of someone else's leftovers, making it unusable to me. The furniture has stains and burn holes, some of the doors do not have the room number posted but has the room number scribbled across the door in a permanent black marker. The window curtains in the rooms are filthy. The shower curtains are about to fall down in most rooms. Unfortunately this is one of the few places around this area that still offer smoking rooms, but I will have to give up the comfort of being able to smoke in my own room and move over to the non-smoking hotels. Just because a person is a smoker does not mean they should not get to have a nice clean place to stay while they smoke. I will be moving all my company's business travelers from this location as well as we just cannot stand the lack of housekeeping and general maintenance any longer. I will be adding photos soon.

Room Tip: I have stayed in several different rooms here and they are all just as filthy!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business