I swore that I would never stay at the hotel again after my last stay June 2012, but due to the hotel I really wanted was booked, and the fact that Choice Rewards was offering a special, I gave it another chance, and I was suprised!
Upon checking in, I was a little concerned this was going to be a repeat of last year. As I was checking in, a couple came to the desk, and stated that they had been given a room that was already occupied, and another guest was asking for a room that had not flooded (he must have been a previous guest to know this info). The ice machine on the 1st floor was still not working.
HOWEVER, I ended up amazed that obviously the above mentioned were just some slip ups!
1. The staff was ALOT friendlier this trip! In fact, I even saw a blonde woman who appeared to be the manager walking around straightening up, and actually making an appearance. The front desk staff was helpful, and would talk to you, and smiled which was not the case last time!
2. The ice machine on the 1st floor was fixed by Day 2, and even on Day 1 when the machine on the 1st floor was broken, I could go to another floor. There was a sign posted stating this! This was also not the case last time. Last time, we just walked around with our ice bucket till finally we had to ask to be told everything was broken.
3. I was impressed with Housekeeping. On one of our days, we chose not to have housekeeping clean our room because we were sleeping in & going to make it a pool day. I couldn't believe it when I opened my door, and there hanging on the knob was a bag full of fresh towels with toiletries! I have NEVER had this happened before, and was much appreciated, because usually we have to hunt someone down in this situation.
4. Beds were awesome! I have stayed had several other hotels lately, and I could tell I was sleeping in a strange bed, but not these beds. They even had real sized pillows, not those 1/2 sized pillows that look like throw pillows!
5. Room noise was none, and our room was in the front on the 1st floor. I could open my shades, and waves at other customers coming in if I wanted too! I really thought this was going to be a problem, but I never heard a thing!
1. No laundry. This was only an inconvenience to me on this trip because my daughter was playing in a ball tournament. I needed to wash her uniforms, and had to take them to her coach's hotel who was accommodating the ball teams, and giving them free wash/dry that weekend.
2. Still not locks on the pool to keep public from walking into the pool area and into the hotel side door. There was a lock on the gate, but it wasn't locked so anyone could walk into the hotel unnoticed because the hotel door did not require a key.
3. Shower does not have no slip stickers in it, and I had to put a towel down in the shower to keep from slipping.
All in all, this was a bad stay, and I could tell the staff at this hotel had made major improvements since my last stay here!
I Would probably stay again since they made major improvements, because I got a price for my stay. We know of other families who stayed at some of the other hotels in the area at a much higher price, and they complained about the cleanliness of that hotel & the fact that it had no pool (Mainstay Suites). In fact our coach checked out of this hotel, and moved to the Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel recently underwent an extensive renovation, with many attractive and practical improvements. We are located on Shallowford Village Drive just off I-75 exit 5. The Comfort Inn & Suites(R) in Chattanooga, TN is a 100% nonsmoking hotel just a short walk from Chattanooga's largest shopping venue, the Hamilton Place Mall. A refrigerator and microwave are standard in all the rooms. Additionally, each room holds a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, and ironing board. Our large suites include an extra sitting area, a work desk, sofa sleepers. Also available are rooms with large whirlpool tubs. Large, flat screened television sets with expanded cable service as well as access to a wireless, high-speed Internet connection are available free of charge in every room and suite. Includes a Free Hot/Cold Breakfast Buffet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Chattanooga
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Comfort Inn Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Comfort Inn