“OK, but not as great as expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #36 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Milford, Michigan
“OK, but not as great as expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stopped over on way to Atlanta. Arrived late, adn was amazed to see that elevator out of order---hiking up steps is never fun with luggage and when tired. Lighting in rooms is not so good if yout try and work at the desk, very general, and shadowy. Then when I go to iron my shirt, the iron is missing. Took 20 minutes to arrive an iron. I think I will choose a different place in future

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn downtown Chattanooga during a family trip to the Tennessee Aquarium. It was very reasonably priced for the size room we got. We had our 3 yo and 7 mo infant with us. This was in a great location downtown. Less than a 5 min walk to the Aquarium. Also, it was less than a block to the Children's Discovery Center. The room was very clean. We stayed in a queen suite with a full kitchen. The front desk clerk was very helpful. We went during a week day so the clerk told us about a dinner social in the lobby with complimentary food and drinks. The complimentary hot breakfast was very good as well. There is also an indoor pool and hot tub which were very clean with fresh towels. (the hot tub was out of order when were there) The workout room was in the pool area. While we didn't take advantage of it, it looked very tidy. There were two gentlemen using it when were there. The hotel has it's own parking area so your car is safe to leave while you are there and you can easily access it if needed. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if ever in downtown Chattanooga and recommend it to anyone traveling to this area as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tony c, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back on a return trip.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Two times I have tried to get into the parking lot and both times it was blocked. There is no sign instructing people to push the button and have the clerk open the gate from inside the hotel, so people park there to go in to register. This makes the next person trying to park block the street because there is nowhere else to go. Also, in the bathroom,the towels are rolled up in a cubby hole ACROSS the room and THERE ARE NO TOWEL RACKS.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank teresita123
tony c, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post and review and provide feedback on your recent stay. I apologize if you found the parking to be frustrating that is definitely not our intention. We have attempted to set up the parking lot to be a convenient surface parking lot with convenient entry with room key or by speaking to a front desk agent twenty-four hours a day. Thank you for staying with us, we would love to see you on a return trip.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We walked all over the city, came back to the hotel, donned our bathing suits to soak in the hot tub and found it out of order. When I aasked the Desk Clerk about it, he told us we could walk across the street to the Courtyard. (In our bathing suits?)
We came back to the room and I took a shower. The water wouldn't even get hot. It was barely warm. Give me a break!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank teresita123
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Your feedback is important to us. We apologize for the spa being temporary out of service. Thank you for you feedback and thank you for staying with us.
Smyrna, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Yes, it is a great location and that's why I rated it at 3. I waited a the gate so I could check in for about 5 mins; so I decided to go in do I could get through the gate to park. I waited another 15.5 mins for someone to come to the counter. The guy ahead of me said he had being waiting for awhile.

If I was meeting my son there with my grandson, I would have left like the guy ahead of me. One I finally get checked in, I found that they only had queen beds. Yes, I asked the young lady for another room and I was informed if I wanted king, I need to stay at the Courtyard. Another big disappointment but at least it was a great location. So guess where I will be staying next time?

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Anthony T
tony c, Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feelings on your recent stay with us. We strive for an excellent experience for every guest that walks into our doors. Unfortunately it seems that we may have missed the mark with you, and I appologize.

If your travels ever bring you back to our beautiful city, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me so I can assure we surpass all of your expectations next time.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were looking for a hotel that would be conveniently located to the Chattanooga Theater Center as well as to local restuarants and other downtown attractions. We found so much more at this hotel. Tony was so helpful with our reservations. Our Suite was fabulous! It was so clean and spacious and the wonderful hot breakfast was all you could ask for. Every member of the staff that we came in contact with was very friendly and helpful! We will definitely choose Residence Inn for our next overnight stay in Chattanooga. Thank you Tony and all of your Staff for a great weekend!

Room Tip: We had a corner Suite. The three of us were very comfortable, did not notice any great amount of noi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Perhaps my positive view is a reflection of my low expectation going in (I can be a hotel snob), but this place is surprisingly impressive. Being near the aquarium, I'd assumed it would be a family-worn room with stains on the couch and bubblegum stuck under the table. Not at all. I have high standards for cleanliness, and this place is immaculate (particularly compared to the Sheraton Read House). Rooms are well appointed for a Residence Inn. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Have to stay in Chattanooga for 4 to 6 weeks beginning in April. Found my hotel for the stay....no reason to go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014