“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

This is a very nice hotel. My husband & I stayed for three nights while in town for a wedding. Our room was very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and had nice soft bedding. The breakfast was good and had a nice variety of items. All staff members were friendly and helpful during our stay.
The hotel has a convenient location near I-75 but without the traffic noise. It is also very close to a large shopping mall and other activies.
The business center was also nice, although not there on business, I did use it to research a few stops for our trip.
Overall this is a very nice hotel, and with wyndhams promotions, can be very affordable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

I have been staying at this motel for over 6 years on business trips to Chattanooga. I travel the state of Tennessee and some into Georgia and NC and of all the different chains and motels that I have stayed in (except for a couple of Luxury Hotels) the Wingate in Chattanooga is my favorite place to stay! After only my second stay, the desk clerk greeted me by name when I entered the door! The staff is great and the owners/managers are terriffic. Unlike other motels even others in the Wingate chain, I never have to wipe off the tables or bath counter when I arrive. They never leave polish residue all over the phone and tables like other motels. No left over food or trash hidding behind the furniture! The biggest problem I have ever had was a burned out light blub or TV remote that was on the blink, and those were fixed very quickly. The towels are nice and thick and the beds very comfortable. I do like the recently upgraded bed system. This motel would be perfect if I could just get them to change out the standard desks with an ergonomic computer desk, but the ones they have are no worse than what you find at all the other chains. Oh, and I also like the Neutrogena bath amenities.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Hamburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

I chose this hotel mainly because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor and I didn’t regret it. Of course, primarily used to staying at bed & breakfasts, a chain hotel is always something different. This is slightly above average but not exceptional in any way for the room rate paid. Nevertheless, the room was spacious, clean, and comparable quiet. You cannot open the windows but the ac is not too noisy. Breakfast was o.k., the breakfast area is a bit “loveless” but this is not untypical for chain hotels so you would expect nothing different when staying here. The staff at the reception was friendly but not too helpful. The guy at the reception wasn’t able to locate places downtown on the map what you would expect in a local hotel with lots of tourists.

If you plan to choose this hotel as a tourist, you must be aware of the following fact: This is not in walking distance to Chattanooga downtown, it’s about a 10 miles drive. If you want to go to the waterfront, you can park your car at the parking garage of Chattanooga Choo Choo and they have a charge free shuttle that takes you to the waterfront. So no problem to us but again, you need to know it because you most likely would like to go downtown. The area of the hotel is not very nice, basically only streets, fast-food restaurants, business. Definitely no area to leave your hotel or to take a walk.

So even if I rate a bit against the current, I would classify this hotel as good choice and o.k., but no exceptional experience for the rate paid.

Please note: This is a review of our trip to the USA from 18.5.2008 until 9.6.2008.
This was accommodation # 2 of that trip
If you want to follow the trip, the hotel/bed&breakfast before this was Laurel Hill Bed and Breakfast, Atlanta (GA), the hotel/bed&breakfast after this was Braeside Inn, Sevierville (TN)

• Stayed May 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars
Farmington Hills, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

A very nice, well located hotel, good breakfast, free Internet, friendly staff, etc. Near lots of shopping & restaurants. However, we are used to a "sleep-number" bed set at 90. They are proud of their new "pillow top" beds. For us, they are much too soft to sleep comfortably. We mentioned this to the front desk and they said that all of the beds had very recently been replaced at this property and all Windham hotels.

I just wish that I had known this so I could have stayed elsewhere. That's why I'm posting this review.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars
Birchwood, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay for our 12th Anniversary. I read the reviews of the Wingate Inn and decided that the place sounded nice. I have to say that all of the positive reviews are completely justified. The staff was pleasant, the hotel was very clean, the rooms were large and comfortable and the breakfast was very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — rooms
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta,GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I am 8 months pregnant and we were up in TN for a family reunion. We decided we didnt want to drive back to Atlanta that night so we started calling around hotels. When we got to the windham we knew we had the right place :) and the girl up front and manager gave us a pregnancy discount :) Hahahah....So we got a great price. Plus two extra fluffy pillows in our room. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The bed was comfy. The staff was great. The breakfast was good. No problems at all! Plus free wireless internet connection - cant beat that!!

• Liked — Location, bed, staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

We enjoyed the Wingate. Staff very friendly. Room very comfortable, well decorated. Only minor complaint was the vent in bathroom didn't work. We liked the security cameras and you had to have room key to enter the building. The complimentary breakfast was very good. It took no time to get to Ruby Falls, Rock City. My husband said I was very good at selecting hotels. This one was a winner.

• Liked — Neatness and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Bathroom vent didn't work
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple