“Great hotel if you like very soft beds.”

Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
Ranked #11 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Farmington Hills, MI
“Great hotel if you like very soft beds.”
Reviewed May 15, 2008

A very nice, well located hotel, good breakfast, free Internet, friendly staff, etc. Near lots of shopping & restaurants. However, we are used to a "sleep-number" bed set at 90. They are proud of their new "pillow top" beds. For us, they are much too soft to sleep comfortably. We mentioned this to the front desk and they said that all of the beds had very recently been replaced at this property and all Windham hotels.

I just wish that I had known this so I could have stayed elsewhere. That's why I'm posting this review.

• Stayed May 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Birchwood, TN
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay for our 12th Anniversary. I read the reviews of the Wingate Inn and decided that the place sounded nice. I have to say that all of the positive reviews are completely justified. The staff was pleasant, the hotel was very clean, the rooms were large and comfortable and the breakfast was very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — rooms
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta,GA
Reviewed October 8, 2007

I am 8 months pregnant and we were up in TN for a family reunion. We decided we didnt want to drive back to Atlanta that night so we started calling around hotels. When we got to the windham we knew we had the right place :) and the girl up front and manager gave us a pregnancy discount :) Hahahah....So we got a great price. Plus two extra fluffy pillows in our room. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The bed was comfy. The staff was great. The breakfast was good. No problems at all! Plus free wireless internet connection - cant beat that!!

• Liked — Location, bed, staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
SC
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We enjoyed the Wingate. Staff very friendly. Room very comfortable, well decorated. Only minor complaint was the vent in bathroom didn't work. We liked the security cameras and you had to have room key to enter the building. The complimentary breakfast was very good. It took no time to get to Ruby Falls, Rock City. My husband said I was very good at selecting hotels. This one was a winner.

• Liked — Neatness and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Bathroom vent didn't work
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Festus, MO
Reviewed August 2, 2007

We've stayed in a lot of hotels, but, by far, this Wingate was the best we've ever stayed at. We've been sold on Fairfield Inns for a long time, but this experience has steered us toward Wingate. Everything was just exceptional. I can't think of one problem. We rolled in after a day of travel and the manager asked if we wanted pizza. Not just a slice...but a whole pizza!!!!! He gives us a pepperoni pizza and we go up to our room for dinner. We also had coupons to use, even though we had already booked our reservation for two nights. The manager allowed us to use the coupons without hesitation and we saved close to $50.

If this Wingate hotel is indicative of the entire chain, we're a Wingate family. Stay here folks!! You won't regret it!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Villa Rica, GA
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stayed one night at this hotel and we truly enjoyed our stay. Everyone was nice and the room was very comfortable. The only problem we encountered I'd say was the closet. We did not have a need to use it since we only spent one night there, but if I have had to put my clothes in there, I would have not been happy at all. We stayed in room 300 and the closet smelled very very musty. I am sure your clothes will get impregnated with the smell should you put them in there. I mentioned this to the fornt desk and they made a note of it. On another note, breakfast was great. Nothing like I have seen before at other hotels. You get tired of the sweet donuts all the time. They had bagels, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and even a waffle maker so you could fix your own waffles. It was excellent!

• Liked — Breakfast and location
  • Disliked — our musty closet
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank GigiD1
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 9, 2007

My first time staying in a Wingate property. Nice surprise. Rooms were clean and large. Bathroom is good size. Bed was most comfortable I've slept in next to my own. Located near large shopping center and eating places. Stayed there overnight enroute to Orlando. Would definitely stay again.

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family