“Cincinnati in Chattanooga”

$37.80*
Bike Rentals in Chattanooga
Ranked #26 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Large exhibit for train aficionados.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

You will learn something interesting choo-chooing between these two cities! Good for train and photographer lovers. You can go in and see the trains up close, take pictures.

Walk along Buildings and trains that are old and read informatives. There is a singing diner there and a restaurant inside the train but it wasn't operating.

Across the street from the free electric shuttle and a couple of other indie restaurants like the blue orleans. Good walk.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The beautiful fully restored original 1909 railroad terminal serves as the main lobby to the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. Behind the lobby and through the Garden Restrauant are the old loading platforms. The perimeter platforms have old railroad cars and the center is a glorious garden.
The rooms are very nice, reasonably priced and the staff could not be more hospitable. Just take a peek or use as your base for your Chattanooga visit - you will enjoy.
PS - visit the model railroad hile there.

1  Thank Yaresor
Reviewed October 17, 2013

What can I say it was perfect beautiful well maintained .my husband and I stayed in the railway carriage it was beautiful a real treat luxury at it's best .we dined at the hotel but unfortunately didn't get to see the singing waiters as it was Sunday was disappointed but I still had a marvellous time didn't want to leave defiantly be back

Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you are from the Uk and book through Trailfinders do not book this hotel! I will be writing to Trailfinders separately regarding them having this resort in their brochure as an option let alone a 3*. As many have written, the entrance is impressive and when booking in, the staff were friendly and reminding you that the rooms are non smoking and any damage is your responsibility. This seems pretty usual stuff until you get to the room and you can't believe how the receptionist could say what she said with a straight face. We were staying in block 3, if anyone remembers Butlins in the 70s this is it but much grottier, the entrance to the block and corridors and the room had a smell that I can't describe. The hotel is definitely dated, there's no real security (the entrance that required a swipe card was broke so anyone could walk in) on arrival the corridor was full of student types (which isn't a problem, but I did feel I wasn't in a hotel) I even made a comment that it reminded me of some grotty student halls of residence. We left our cases in the car (felt safer there) and went into town to eat and forget the grotty room that was awaiting us that night. We had a meal in town and got talking to the waiter who was a local student who told us that this hotel is used as an overspill for student accommodation and suddenly it clicked - we had booked into a 70's halls of residence but paid the 3* hotel price - disgusting. Needless to say we never unpacked, I slept on top of the bed with our cases against every accessible point of entry (there were lots of other issues but I would need a week to write them down and we only stayed one night......thank god). If I put it into perspective, we visited a remote Thai Island 18 years ago and stayed in a hut that had one room and a bathroom with hot water (pure luxury then) for £15 a night and this was more secure, clean, modern than the room we booked here for over £100 a night. I'm just glad we were only stopping over for one night, any longer I would have checked in down the road at other numerous renowned hotels. I completely agree with one of the reviews I read that said this is a motel, not a hotel.

3  Thank GM8568
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ok the lobby of the Choo Choo is incredible. I mean my son wanted me to see the "gentleman" bathroom. This area of the complex cannot be beat. But you have to go behind the lobby to the 3 hotels located on site. You pay $6 per day for parking. We stayed in building 2. It was dark and dreary. Room just did not seem clean but our room faced a nice pool area. Now the pools too could use some updating. They could be really nice with just a little renovation. I did not see the rooms in buildings 1 & 3 so cannot comment on those rooms, but the buildings looked similar. Staff very friendly. Nice restaurant offers free kids meal with adult purchase. Lots of activities on site. Gardens, railway museum, arcade, ect . We ate pizza in a dining car the first night. Really good. You can't beat the location.

1  Thank 3reasons