“Overpriced and unimpressive”

and up
Bike Rentals in Chattanooga
Ranked #25 of 148 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Large exhibit for train aficionados.
Greenville, South Carolina
“Overpriced and unimpressive”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I enjoy the idea of a novelty hotel, however this hotel is quite old and rundown. Most of the hotel rooms are in buildings that look like they were built in the 60's and everything looks dated. The entrance into the main area of the old train station is striking; however, other than this the general atmosphere of the hotel is seedy, outdated and unclean. The first day there, I requested an extra towel set and an additional lamp (our room only had one lamp and clearly there was supposed to be another lamp on a table opposite the beds). Someone brought 2 pillows instead. I called a 2nd time to make the same request, but never received either extra towels or a lamp. The food was overpriced and mediocre. I realized when I received the bill that I had been told a lower price on the phone when making reservations. I addressed this upon checking out. I was told that I had been mistakenly quoted the wrong price on the phone. They apologized for the mistake, but did not offer to credit the difference back to me due to their error, or make a concession such as comping us breakfast, etc. I would not stay here again.

Visited January 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's a decent experience”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Chattanooga Choo Choo has lost some of it's steam, but it's fun to visit during the Christmas months. Other than that, I was just bored.

1 Thank Erinn C
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“If you love trains and their history this is place to go.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Just walking around the property and seeing the trains and station make you appreciate the history. The model train exhibit is great for all size of kids. The gift shop is surprising. There is quite a collection of collectible hat pins.

Munich, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Cute for kids or train enthusiasts!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great place for train buffs and children who want to see a very big display of model trains. They have copious activities for children and many little shops. There are also a couple of cafes and a restaruant. It is very nicely kept, and cute.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Speenokl
Cookeville, Tennessee
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“It's something to do...”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I've been twice. Last time was in August. It's a neat little place to look around. Might have been cool to spend the night in one if the train cars. There's a free bus that will take you there from downtown. Though I think we were on the bus longer then we were at the attraction. It's nothing special, but if you like trains or looking for something to do for a half hour, this is the place for you.