“Needs great improvement!”

$37.80*
Bike Rentals in Chattanooga
Ranked #26 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Large exhibit for train aficionados.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is one of the great iconic treasures of Chattanooga and is in major need of renovation. The place is run down and the "train ride" is a circle around the buildings. It is very musky and does not attract a lot of visitors. We were there in the middle of peak season and their were maybe 3 other families in the whole area. A great disappointment for Chattanooga.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I'm pretty sure I know where the photograph is of myself and my brothers next to the Choo Choo when we were children, so I couldn't imagine not taking the time to see it again - moreso for me, a little bit for the kids.

It's in a very run down area - didn't feel comfortable there during the day so I can't imagine being a guest there at night. We had to park in a paid parking ($3) structure shared by a public transportation depot (electric shuttle). There is Chattanooga ChooChoo paid security guys posted between the parking structure and the ChooChoo grounds, which is a tell-tale sign that you are in a sketchy area.

We were in and out of there in about 20 minutes. I would have stayed longer if the ice cream shop had been open, as that would have been charming, but we were there long enough to stand on the train, walk along the train, take various pictures, read some signs and get out of there.

I didn't bother with the trolley or the gift shop, and although the website leads you to believe they have a beautiful, vast garden, it's really just a few large planter boxes and a fountain. Beautiful, but you couldn't spend an hour walking through the flowers - it's 3 minutes, tops.

It was a kick to see the train, take pics near it and explain to kids the significance of the train, the song and how the station looked in its hay-day, but get in and out, don't pay for extras other than your $3 in parking.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visited Choo Choo on a weekday morning. The old trains are nice, but its most;ly arcade shops. the lobby and the arcade area had a very strong moldy smell throughout.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

What would a stop in Chattanooga be if you didn't go and see the Choo Choo. Thats why they have the song. It's in a nice area of down town, and you can walk around the train by your self.

1  Thank Fastphilad
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Figured we couldn't leave Chattanooga without checking out Chattanooga Choo Choo. However, I'm sorry to say it wasn't that interesting. The main lobby was impressive to imagine as a classic train station. And there were a few historical displays to look at, but would like to have seen more of that type of thing. It would have been nice if they had a few old train cars to actually tour rather than being hotel rooms. The area around the station is also pretty run down, although there does appear to be some attempt to spruce it up. Gave the appearance of being spruced up several years ago and then nothing happening. Can't comment on the hotel, the restaurant, or the model trains.