“Nice Place to Spend a Few Hours”
Review of Tennessee Aquarium

$24.00*
Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
Ranked #1 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 9,000 animals swim, fly and crawl through this aquarium dedicated to educating visitors about freshwater ecosystems.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We have been several times. The River Journey is pretty nice and has lots of things to see. Wasn't as impressed with the Ocean Building. The penguins were the biggest draw in that building. Our daughter went thru the Ocean building in about 10 min. It was a little expensive for a lot of hype. I would rather go to the Chattanooga Zoo. Much better way to spend the day and a lot cheaper.

1  Thank Dixiegirl48th
Write a ReviewReviews (5,708)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Beautiful Aquarium with two buildings to visit, ocean and river. I have two boys and they loved it. You start at the top and work your way down and see amazing animals and emerge your self in the water without getting wet. Amazing!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Allow at least a half day to see both the fresh water and the salt water buildings. We also took the river gorge trip on the aquarium's high speed boat. I grew up in Chattanooga, went away to college, etc. and have always lived somewhere else and didn't even know there was a Tennessee River Gorge.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We took our two kids here and first of all it was VERY crowded. We visited 7/19/2014 Saturday.
With it being very crowded there were alot of people who were very rude.
Taking pictures is hard because it's dark and the pictures came out blurry or (with the flash) having a bright spot on them.
I had a hard time looking at the glass, the motion of the water and the magnification of the animals made my eyes hurt and i got a little nauseated.

However, my favorite part is the butterfly exhibit and seeing a few birds.
Also, my kids seemed to love it. I would rate it better if it weren't for the crowds and the many rude ppl we encountered.

1  Thank Jerry V
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The aquariums are great and the layout is awesome. We liked the way you start the tours upstairs and walk down. The hands-on tanks were a hit with our 4 year old.

All-in-all, this is a must see if you are in the area.