Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $24.00
from $37.80
from $75.60
6,301 results
All reviews salt water butterfly garden ocean journey butterfly room separate buildings ocean building ocean side the river sea horses penguin exhibit aquatic life second building imax movie great exhibits all ages take your time great for kids
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We only did the ocean side but it was really interesting and well done. It was a Saturday so it was very crowded with alot of children. Everything is done beautifully. Worth a visit.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best aquariums that I have been too. There is a lot to see and the tour is set up so you don't miss a thing. There are actually two buildings so that doubles the fun! I loved the butterfly area also. It was fantastic! My family and I will definitely visit again!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I wanted to write a review of Aquarium Camp. My 6 year old twins attended a week of the Aquarium camp this week. I think it seemed very well run. They had plenty of staff for each group. The younger counselors were very sweet to the kids. I think my kids had fun and it seemed well organized.

As far as the Aquarium goes, I went on Friday July 6 and it was a mad house. The line to buy tickets was about 100 people long. That is unacceptable! You should not have to wait in line 45 minutes just to buy tickets. I do enjoy the Aquarium, we are members, but lack of free parking or even parking at all when it is busy like it was that day is a negative. Maybe less courtyard and more parking would be a good thing?

Also needs more hands on activities for kids or an indoor play area I think. I also am not a fan of the revolving doors. Not good with kids. I see kids playing in them which is very dangerous and it is scary when my kids want to go through them. Yes, there are non revolving doors you can use but why not just use regular doors?

The highlight of the Aquarium to me is the fun water play areas out front. Great for the Summer. My boys played in them every afternoon at Aquarium camp and loved them. It is very pricey to get tickets to this Aquarium. It would be nice if they would do something like free parking for members.

TNAquarium, Social Media Specialist at Tennessee Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your membership and your great summer camp review. Summer camp is a great educational experience for so many children each year.

We are sorry for your inconvenience on your recent visit. The 4th of July weekend is usually busy for us, and we always “staff up” to help with guest flow. But this year, the rainy weather really boosted our attendance. We will forward your comments to education and guest services. We appreciate the feedback which helps lead to further improvements.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

When you enter the building there is a very long escalator ride to get started. The ride takes everyone up to the 5th ( I think ) floor. The tour begins. You gradually walk down each exhibit. Time is not a factor. We would stop and watch one aquarium then move on to the next. A gentle downgraded path. Mom was 82 at the time and she just glided down at her pace with no problem. This is one great place to spend a few hours. We did not encounter long lines as we were in the aquarium building only

GOTTA GO !!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a nice aquarium and the staff is great. It just seems rather expensive for what you get. Lots of hands on activities for the kids!