“A great aquarium” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
Ranked #1 of 147 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 9,000 animals swim, fly and crawl through this aquarium dedicated to educating visitors about freshwater ecosystems.
Charlotte, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A great aquarium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I think my husband and I have been to almost every major aquarium along the east coast and a few out west, so it's pretty hard to impress me with an aquariem. That said, I have to say that the Chattanooga Aquarium was very impressive. It's actually 2 aquariums - a fresh water and salt water. I loved the fresh water one because it was very different and nice how they tied in the local eco-system. We had a great time, and it is definitely worth the cost of admission!

• Korean first
“Must see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Fun for the whole family!! I used the live in Chattanooga and I've been here several times! It never gets old! If you're in town, make this one of your stops! You will not regret it!!! :)

Birmingham, Alabama
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“What a great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Beautiful and well thought out. Loved the fact there are several places to sit during the trip and watch the animals.

Richmond, Kentucky
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently vistied Chattanooga for the first time and our first place to visit was the aquarium. Parking and walking was very easy and we had no wait to get in. I would suggest going early because there is a line for tickets if you wait until later in the day. The aquarium is essentially 2 floors. The top floor is butterfly and sting ray "petting" area and the 1st floor is the main attraction. We flew through the 2nd floor and made our way to the 1st. It was very nice aquarium. They have a huge salt water tank (one of the biggest that I have seen) that has all types of fish, sting rays and sharks. We stood by it for a long time. There were also SEVERAL exhibits related to jelly fish. I have never seen so many types of jelly fish in my life. Overall, it took us about 1.5 hours to go through. It wasn't the best aquarium I have been too, but I did see things that I have never seen before. My kids enjoyed it. I would suggest a visit.

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been to Aquariums all over the south and this one is by far the best yet. We have loved it for years, but when Atlanta opened their new Aquarium we were excited to visit it. But there is no comparison to the Chattanooga aquarium. If you have several children with you, it's even better. The one thing I love about the Chattanooga Aquarium is that it is one way, one path, so everyone sticks together. You don't have one child pulling you one way, the other pulling you in another direction, and another one trying to go a completely different direction. The diversity of so many types of fish, otters, penguins, it's just wonderful. The staff are all around ready to answer any questions you have, you don't have to hunt them down, they are right there, and so friendly and informative. When your done with the aquarium you are right there on the newly developed river front which is beautiful. NO need to get back in your car to find somewhere to eat, or go to. Food, movies, shopping, it's all right there. The FREE electric shuttle is also right there to take you either across the river or down to the Choo Choo, or Convention Center. Definitely one of the best!

Visited June 2013