“Very Entertaining”

and up
1-Hour Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
Ranked #6 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 9,000 animals swim, fly and crawl through this aquarium dedicated to educating visitors about freshwater ecosystems.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This aquarium has a more entertaining journey and experience than any I've been to. It is a must to do both buildings because they are so different.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,912)
All reviews
in 60 reviews
"own pace"
in 60 reviews

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a very expensive family trip, but well worth it. I especially like the way the visitor is guided through--the directional signs keep you moving in the right direction. The addition of the ocean section is a really nice change from the freshwater building, too.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've been to several aquariums, and this was one of the best. Atlanta has a bigger salt water tank, but this aquarium had both salt water and fresh water with amazing exhibits. I took my 7 kids, ages 10-17, and all loved it and thought it was the highlight of the trip.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

To start with, you have no idea what you are missing if you haven’t taken the opportunity to visit the Tennessee Aquarium @ 1 Broad Street, Aquarium Plaza Chattanooga, TN 37402. This is without a doubt one of the best treasures in the United States! I have been to several excellent aquariums but none a nice as this one. In fact I have been 4 times now and at different times of the year with varied crowds. The way this aquarium is designed and managed you never feel like it is crowded and you can take as much time as you need to enjoy it.
To start with a very long escalator takes you to the top of the aquarium at your prescribed time to start your journey. This allows you to gradually wind your way down to the first floor of the aquarium at a peaceful stroll along the way starting with backwaters of the Tennessee river and going to its deepest depts.
The aquarium also has special exhibits; for example, I have seen Penguins, Jelly Fish, and Sturgeons at different times.
So if you have been yet take the time to do so, I trust you will enjoy the journey.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I believe this is the first major aquarium I have ever visited and I was not disappointed. There were four of us traveling together and we all took off in different directions to go at our own pace. Hours later we hooked back up and all had the same wonderful experience. Being close to Christmas I thought it was a very cute idea to have someone dressed as Santa get into the water and feed the fish. Judging from the smiles and squeals of the children seeing Santa inside the tank, it was a huge hit. Nice job and friendly staff who answered all our questions. Really enjoyed being able to touch the fish at one exhibit and the jellyfish room was fantastic.