Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Chattanooga
from $64.80
from $25.00
from $80.00
from $10.95
More Info
All reviews dinosaur bones musical instruments the water play area music area hands on activities yellow house all ages great place for kids different areas older kids year olds arts and crafts we spent hours rainy day lots of fun whole family downtown chattanooga
Reviewed May 27, 2018

My son thoroughly enjoyed himself today at the museum. He's 11 yrs old so I was unsure if he'd find something to excite him -- he had a ball! We've been to the one in Atlanta but this Chattanooga location museum is a winner! I'm especially glad that he had a great time making more childhood memories since he's getting older and next summer he'll be doing something else. This place is great for kids and I'm so glad we put it on our list of things to do while celebrating the beginning of summer.

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Just awesome!! My 8 and 10 year olds LOVED the music area, the theater room and the sand in the Dinosaur area, plus the dance-and-movement room with a big colorful screen that reproduces the kids' poses. Such interesting and great museum, perfectly targeted for all kids under 13, since it's all hands-on! No wonder it's in the top-10 of best children's museums in the USA!
Only complaint, the fact that you need to pay for parking. I wish the City of Chattanooga allowed the museum's visitors (and the Aquarium visitors) to have their parking validated. Otherwise, a great day for us!

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

This was a great hands on museum for the kids. Very interactive with different areas from understanding the water terrain of Tennessee to arts and crafts, music, played, dinosaurs, special exhibits, gardening, bee keeping, medical. They offered a military discount as well as an ironman discount. $9 a person. Staff was helpful as well. Entry was a come and all day come and go.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

My family and I go several times a year. We have visited children’s museums everywhere from Atlanta to LA and CDM truly outshines them all.

There is enough to keep the most anxious children occupied and learning for hours and the exhibits never get old.

Everyone from my 5 yr old to my 12 year old loves visiting and we are so thankful to have such a lovely place in our own back yard

1  Thank Thechelle218
Reviewed May 8, 2018

Even after 2 hours, my daughter wasn't finished. Great hands on experiences--water play, photon ball, dinosaur excavation, building center. It could have been more educational if my daughter was interested in reading the plaques and learning, but she just wanted to play, and I think kids pick things up experientially as well. She didn't need me to guide her into activities, she felt welcome to just jump right in, which was great as a parent. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank elizabeth k