“Better for younger kids”

Creative Discovery Museum
1-Hour Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
Ranked #9 of 154 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Creative Discovery Museum is a hands-on children's museum in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that inspires all children to explore, innovate, create, and play. Our exhibits are designed to both entertain and educate as children discover the world around them and all it has to offer including art, music, dinosaur digging, water exploration, and science. Rated the #7 children's museum in the U.S. by Trekaroo in 2015.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went here on our first day in Chattanooga. My daughter (7) enjoyed it, but quickly did everything she was interested in doing. The centers were geared more towards a kindergarten and younger crowd (coloring, puppets, dress up, etc.).

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"spring break"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My son thoroughly enjoyed himself today at the museum. He's 11 yrs old so I was unsure if he'd find something to excite him -- he had a ball! We've been to the one in Atlanta but this Chattanooga location museum is a winner! I'm especially glad that he had a great time making more childhood memories since he's getting older and next summer he'll be doing something else. This place is great for kids and I'm so glad we put it on our list of things to do while celebrating the beginning of summer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just awesome!! My 8 and 10 year olds LOVED the music area, the theater room and the sand in the Dinosaur area, plus the dance-and-movement room with a big colorful screen that reproduces the kids' poses. Such interesting and great museum, perfectly targeted for all kids under 13, since it's all hands-on! No wonder it's in the top-10 of best children's museums in the USA!
Only complaint, the fact that you need to pay for parking. I wish the City of Chattanooga allowed the museum's visitors (and the Aquarium visitors) to have their parking validated. Otherwise, a great day for us!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a great hands on museum for the kids. Very interactive with different areas from understanding the water terrain of Tennessee to arts and crafts, music, played, dinosaurs, special exhibits, gardening, bee keeping, medical. They offered a military discount as well as an ironman discount. $9 a person. Staff was helpful as well. Entry was a come and all day come and go.