“A good time had by all!”

Creative Discovery Museum
Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
Ranked #5 of 149 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Creative Discovery Museum is a hands-on children's museum in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that inspires all children to explore, innovate, create, and play. Our exhibits are designed to both entertain and educate as children discover the world around them and all it has to offer including art, music, dinosaur digging, water exploration, and science. Rated the #7 children's museum in the U.S. by Trekaroo in 2015.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Pensacola, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A good time had by all!”
Reviewed December 23, 2008

We visited on 12/21/08 and our son, 2.5, loved it. He ran around and we played with 99% of the exhibits! Even us parents had a great time. It was too cold for the rooftop playground but we'll hit it next time we're in Chattanooga! I recommend this for parent with a 2.5 and older. Our son will be 3 in April so he's an older 2 but had he been a younger 2, I don't think he would have enjoyed it as much.
Also, they have a great military discount!

Kitty Hawk, NC
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Kids will Love it!”
Reviewed December 15, 2008

My husband travels for business and we travel along with him so my children (3 and 7) have been to just about every children's museum in the southeast. It seemed to me that Chattanooga really did their research...the best exhibits from every museum I've been to were there. We spent hours. My girls loved the music section. They had a Clifford the Big Red Dog exhibit upstairs when we were there and my three year old loved pretending she lived in Clifford's village.
There was a show with therapy dogs while we were there that my girls loved. Several trainers showed the kids how they teach the dogs and let them meet everyone.
I grew up close to Chattanooga and have been to Rock City, Ruby Falls, etc but have never taken my children there. (Didn't like it as a kid) This place was such a refreshing suprise. Wish we had it when I was little!
I think it cost us somewhere around $21-24 to go in, which for 1 adult and 2 kids comes in a bit more expensive than most children's museums. (The best one I've ever been to was in London and it was FREE.)

1 Thank surfer143
Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A hands-on children's museum”
Reviewed October 5, 2008

If you have a child that will sit and do hands-on projects, then this will be great for them. Our 2 kids (7&5) blew through most of this. They were more interested in the play area on the roof, which was closed the day we were there. We got on the roof and played for a couple of minutes before a worker came over and told us it was closed that day because they were working on a new exhibit, which no one told us about when we bought our tickets. We were dissapointed about that. They have a digging for fossils sand area that kept there attention for a little while, mostly our 5 yr old. The music area was nice and also the stage area where they can dress up a little bit and do there own stage sounds and some props. Our 5 yr old like doing her own puppet show. They have areas that they can play with clay, do different stamps on paper, and other kind of sit down projects.
Our kids loved the play area with the slide, that was their favorite and where we spent most of our time. I was a disspointed in this and would only recommend this for the kids that actually like to sit and do projects instead of just run and free play. Would be great for field trips.

1 Thank travel415
Chattanooga, Tn
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good, but not Great”
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I took my two children to this museum in June 2008.
It looks really cool from the outside and it is in downtown chattanooga, right next to where the chattanooga lookouts play.

I took my 6 year old and 2 year old. This place was perfect for my 6 year old, but my 2 year old was bored. I thought it was bigger than the place really was, but over all it wasn't bad. We had a solid 1.5-2 hours of fun. We didn't do some of the exibits due to my 2 year old couldn't go. This place is geared for children 6 and up only.

1 Thank Miamiball82
Marietta, Ga
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great time at the CDM”
Reviewed November 14, 2007

This is one of the best children's museum's we have been to. It has been recently renovated and expanded and will provide hours of entertainment for your children (especially those 10 and under, though our 13 year old stayed the whole time with us).

We spent about 5 hours here because our 4 yr old loved it so much. There are sections on music, art, dinosaur dig, science, the little Yellow House for babies and toddlers, a special exhibit space on the second floor and an outdoor Roof Fun Factory that focuses on levers, pulley's and the like. There is also a huge Water Play area (smocks provided) and a multi-story playgym. Our son spent quite a bit of time in each exhibit area and found things he liked in each. He also took part in an art class.

I can't say enough about how much fun our family had here.

if you also go to the aquarium and bring your ticket stub you get $2 off admission.

1 Thank RamblinRedMarietta