“Best Museum”

Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
Ranked #5 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Creative Discovery Museum is a hands-on children's museum in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that inspires all children to explore, innovate, create, and play. Our exhibits are designed to both entertain and educate as children discover the world around them and all it has to offer including art, music, dinosaur digging, water exploration, and science. Rated the #7 children's museum in the U.S. by Trekaroo in 2015.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My daughters (4 and 2) loved this museum, and so did my husband and I. There were so many activities and toys, there wasn't enough time in our trip to enjoy it all. We will just have to go back again!

2  Thank ctrfrei

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Not worth the price. They have not kept the hands on activities updated and the show was not well presented. I would not recommend this as an activity unless you have visited everything else first.

1  Thank concernedtraveler42
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Our 2 and 4 year old LOVED our stop off here on our way home to Atlanta. While we have been to similar places (Atlanta, Birmingham, Charleston, Dallas) this was by far the best! There was sooo much to do! Lots of extra activities going on too (we went on a Sunday). They had print making going on, a science table set up and a mask making table set up too. There interactive rooms ranged from a huge water table, a large climbing/slide zone, art room, music room, lots of cause and effect pieces. While we stayed 3 hours-we easily could have stayed another two before getting bored! We will definitely make a day trip back soon just for this!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

3 stories of a most active hands on place - the best one we've been too and plan to go back, A wonderful wonderful place, from climbing to painting to digging to finding a walk way and going through it to another adventure , body lifts by your own hands and figuring out how something works, a section of bugs that are at children's level for viewing...KID FREINDLY all over the place... plan to stay a LEAST 3 hours and snacks are there for you. Its a Clean, Fun, Happy place and the children every spot ,door ,crawl space we went in was full of excitement... Truly a FANTASTIC PLACE FOR KIDS. We saw children from 1 to 17 and then the adults were having just as much fun. Yes I would go there without my kids but its fun to watch them at the same time. WOW just WOW

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I have a 10, 5, and 3 yr old, and all three had something fun to do even us parents were so busy with all the activities. We were there during the winter so we had fun up stairs in the maze and play house they had. I wish my town had this:) it's amazing!

1  Thank Sweet_jay192