“Great for younger children!!”

Creative Discovery Museum
Ranked #5 of 148 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Creative Discovery Museum is a hands-on children's museum in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that inspires all children to explore, innovate, create, and play. Our exhibits are designed to both entertain and educate as children discover the world around them and all it has to offer including art, music, dinosaur digging, water exploration, and science. Rated the #7 children's museum in the U.S. by Trekaroo in 2015.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase
Olive Branch, Mississippi
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great for younger children!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Momma and I wanted to go to the aquarium but our three and five year old wanted the children's museum. For their age, great choice! They played until they were dead tired. There is so much to do - play in the sand, the water, art projects, dancing, and more!

Visited December 2013

Evansville, Indiana
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Good rainy day option”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My boys, 11 and 8, did enjoy this museum, though my older one is at the upper limit of the target audience. Or so I think. We visited on a rainy day, so this was something of a back-up plan, but there were a lot of exhibits to check out, and it was a good add-on to the aquarium. It kept our kids happily engaged for a few hours.

Visited November 2013
Brunswick, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best children's museum”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've been to quite a few children's museums now with my 2 young girls, and this is the best one by far. They have a ton of exhibits, and all of them were interesting and fun. My daughter especially loved the play doctor's office.

Visited August 2013
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“So much fun and so many things for the whole family!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a blast and the attendants show the kids so many things to do and view. There is a package you can get or add to your aquarium membership with this and other things like the IMAX. We highly recommend get the package and hitting all the attractions of you happen the day for it. We love chattanooga always something to hit down town!

Visited November 2013
gadsden, tn
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun for all!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ok, so my kids wanted to add this to our aquarium trip to Chattanooga. They are 8/12 and loved it. When you first walk in there is a water play area and a tower type thing above it. They have vests to keep from getting wet, but you're going to get wet! There is a musical and art area, but my kids would not stop and draw, they kind of listened to music. There is a dinosaur dig area which is really cool. There are steps to an outside observation type tower where you can see most of the city. But my favorite thing was a traveling exhibit of "The Magic Treehouse". It had Jack ad Annie's adventures brought to life. There was a teepee, a wagon, a train, a cabin, all relating to their stories. They even were having a chef time to make apple pie. Still parking is $9, I think such an exhibit should have a parking lot for patrons. Had to drive around to find a lot.

Visited October 2013