“Kids Museum”

Creative Discovery Museum
Ranked #5 of 149 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Creative Discovery Museum is a hands-on children's museum in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that inspires all children to explore, innovate, create, and play. Our exhibits are designed to both entertain and educate as children discover the world around them and all it has to offer including art, music, dinosaur digging, water exploration, and science. Rated the #7 children's museum in the U.S. by Trekaroo in 2015.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
White, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Kids Museum”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The museum was ok but the top outside area was closed due to redo and updating. Our kids had fun but not as fun as the first time we went.

Macon, Georgia, USA
“Wonderful family outing”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

So much to explore at this children's attraction in downtown chattanooga! Indoor play area, dinosaur dig, music/theater area, crafts/art area, reading room... plus always a seasonal exhibit. Renovated rooftop area reopens Nov 2013. About $12 per person (adults and children). Memberships offered. Can easily spend a few hours here. Walking distance to Tennessee Aquarium and River Walk. Great fun.

Roswell, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Children's Museum”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great museum for young and old alike. My boys, ages 5 and 8, had a great time. My husband and I were also entertained and educated.

Visited July 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun for kids of all ages ”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My girls are 3 and 7 and loved this museum. It is very hands on with lots of educational attractions. I think my wife and I had as much fun as they did.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much to do!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My 8 and 5 year old daughters absolutely loved it! We stayed for 3 hours and could have stayed much longer, especially in the art center. Lots of cute areas! Will definitely revisit when we are back in Chattanooga.