“One of the best kids' museums in the US”

Creative Discovery Museum
1-Hour Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
Ranked #10 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Creative Discovery Museum is a hands-on children's museum in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that inspires all children to explore, innovate, create, and play. Our exhibits are designed to both entertain and educate as children discover the world around them and all it has to offer including art, music, dinosaur digging, water exploration, and science. Rated the #7 children's museum in the U.S. by Trekaroo in 2015.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Despite the crowds (we were there on the 4th of July) and the rain (that stopped us from trying out the quality playground on the roof), we had a blast there. Our 6 year old could not get enough of the things he found to explore; I think he overdosed on it, by the end his eyes were closing! :-)
Permanent rooms include: clay art; the science of roller coasters (design your own and let the ball roll on it); science experiments (magnets, electricity); a whole theater with costumes, lighting, and props; a doctor's office where the kids get to check one another out; a huge bubble maker where the kid is inside the bubble; .... I'm sure I forgot half of them.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"rainy day"
"lots of fun"

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The best advice I can give is plan on arriving when they open. If you wait until the afternoon you will not have enough time to explore all that they have.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited with our 9 and 3 year old. Our youngest had the best time, especially at the jungle gym area which is the first thing you come up to when you enter the museum. They have a bunch of things to do and lots of crafts. My kids loved everything. There is 2 floors which a playground on the roof. It was raining the day we went so we couldn't spend much time on the roof.
I would suggest going early. We went around lunch time and there were A LOT of kids there. It was hard to spend time on much of the exhibits due to the amount of kids. Parking is convenient and close (about a block or two).
I did say that this place was for kids under 8. My 9 year old had a good time, but most of the exhibits are geared towards smaller kids.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I took all three of my 3 year olds for the morning and we had a great time. Love how the museum was divided so I could always see my kiddos exploring the room we were in. If we lived closer, we would have a membership.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The creative discovery museum does an excellent job. It has many hands on exhibits to delight children from any age. It is well maintained and is staffed by great people. There is even a baby safe play area where my little 7 month old was quite happy. The older children enjoyed the dancing, screen printing, and Dino digging. They also got to touch snakes and real Dino bones! In the clinic area my little doctor was able to check my pulse and blood pressure. She also wrapped my arm in a bandage! We had a great time but beware it is very easy to lose your children with all the activities so keep a sharp eye out and you'll do just fine!