“Builds creativity and wears out children”

Creative Discovery Museum
Ranked #5 of 149 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Creative Discovery Museum is a hands-on children's museum in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that inspires all children to explore, innovate, create, and play. Our exhibits are designed to both entertain and educate as children discover the world around them and all it has to offer including art, music, dinosaur digging, water exploration, and science. Rated the #7 children's museum in the U.S. by Trekaroo in 2015.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Anchorage, Alaska
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Builds creativity and wears out children”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The creative discovery museum does an excellent job. It has many hands on exhibits to delight children from any age. It is well maintained and is staffed by great people. There is even a baby safe play area where my little 7 month old was quite happy. The older children enjoyed the dancing, screen printing, and Dino digging. They also got to touch snakes and real Dino bones! In the clinic area my little doctor was able to check my pulse and blood pressure. She also wrapped my arm in a bandage! We had a great time but beware it is very easy to lose your children with all the activities so keep a sharp eye out and you'll do just fine!

Canton, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun for the kids!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Excellent children's museum -- my kids are 6, 3, and 1. Several different areas to explore and play. My children loved the Hospital/Clinic, the roof deck, and playing with the magnets and tracks (with the balls). They provide wristbands for adults, would also be helpful if they stamped children and adults. Because of how the ground floor play area is laid out, it is hard to keep track of 3 kids exploring 3 different areas. All in all, a great afternoon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wore out the little people”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went here when we had a few hours to kill before driving ten+ hours to our next destination. Our primary purpose was to wear out our small children before putting them in the car. It worked. They napped for a few hours after checking this out. It is really a great space for running and exploring. I, personally, found it entertaining as well.

Visited January 2013
Chatsworth, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun and so much to do”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Took my 2 year old granddaughter, this past week and her mother and I had a really good time too! I think my granddaughters favorite part was getting to do her own face paint. Too much to mention in a short review but a great time! My only complaint would be that they need hand sanitizer at each station, only seen a couple of the through out the museum

tampa
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Kids loved it!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My children were really excited and couldn't wait togo to this place. They had an awesome time, got to do a lot in the time we were there.

Visited June 2013