“Children LOVE to discover”

Creative Discovery Museum
Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
Ranked #5 of 149 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Creative Discovery Museum is a hands-on children's museum in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that inspires all children to explore, innovate, create, and play. Our exhibits are designed to both entertain and educate as children discover the world around them and all it has to offer including art, music, dinosaur digging, water exploration, and science. Rated the #7 children's museum in the U.S. by Trekaroo in 2015.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Chattanooga, TN
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Children LOVE to discover”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Variety and emphasis on music ,art, and education. There is always something new to see and do. The children can sing,dance, do a puppet show and just have fun. The second floor is changed out often and adds new interest. The gift shop is also neat and has gifts in all price ranges. We buy an annual membership because the children like to go see the new exhibits. It is close to other neat things to do and you can go for a short or long visit.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MillieChattanooga_TN

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My son had a great time!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went for my son's 4th birthday and we weren't disappointed. We as a family enjoyed the hands on experience. All the staff were nice and didn't seem bothered to be at work. Thanks to the staff and Museum for our experience!!!!

1 Thank Jason B
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Fun for the Family”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family came here not too long after we moved to Chattanooga, and it was great! My son found so many things to do and see that we stayed here for at least three hours! The activities were all age appropriate for my nine year old, but they also seemed to mesmerize my husband as well! This museum is the best place for families with children.

Huntsville, Alabama
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Awesome, awesome, awesome!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Finally made it to this children's museum, and I was blown away! My kid ran off into the jungle gym area and I didn't see him again for over a half an hour! Museum is organized very well--it's broken up into themed sections downstairs with a rotating exhibit (among a few others) upstairs. The best thing was the rooftop play area/learning stations--you can get great pictures due to the lighting out there on a good day. We spent over two hours in the museum and still didn't get to see everything. It is a little on the expensive side to get in, but there truly is something for everyone there! Even I learned a thing or two about magnetism! Definitely will be back to check out the exhibits we missed; if you are in Chattanooga with kids, this place is a must-see!

1 Thank pammommy
Atlanta, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A "world of discover" awaits at Chattanooga's children's museum”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Spent about 3 hours at the Children's museum on our last day - which was just about the perfect amount of time for us with a 6 & 1 yr old. Wonderful wonderful wonderful activities for both ages! My little guy loved the yellow house area ... and both kids loved the dinosaur dig special exhibit. Well done! Certainly one of the city's best attractions!