“Kids will love it!!”

Creative Discovery Museum
Ranked #5 of 148 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Creative Discovery Museum is a hands-on children's museum in the heart of downtown Chattanooga that inspires all children to explore, innovate, create, and play. Our exhibits are designed to both entertain and educate as children discover the world around them and all it has to offer including art, music, dinosaur digging, water exploration, and science. Rated the #7 children's museum in the U.S. by Trekaroo in 2015.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Jacksonville
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Kids will love it!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My kids have been to almost every major kids museum in the South. This is one of their favorites. 2 1/2 hours wasn't quite long enough as they were a bit disappointed when it closed at 5pm. Great water area, art creation, music area, dinosaur dig, etc. Really well designed place. Will definitely go back

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to explore with young children”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Last week, my wife and I took our daughter (5 years old) down to Chattanooga, TN for a day trip with friends. All three of our families have young kids (ranging from ages 2-7). We had a blast! Elaborate water tables, arts/crafts, musical instruments, cultural experiences - they had all sorts of fun activities that kept us busy all day long. If you have young children, this museum is worth a drive for a day trip (or certainly should be included in a multi day trip to Chattanooga!)

Indiana
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“A must do!!!!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Went to Creative Discovery with my three kids, ages 11, 8, and 3. They all had a good time!! I was worried about my oldest getting bored but he did not! Would recommend anyone with kids going here on your vacation to Chattanooga!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Had a great time. Enjoyable for adults and children, our children played until they were tired. My husband and I were still going!

Visited July 2011
Cumberland Heights
4 attraction reviews
“Small kids dream land”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Creative Discovery Museum is a great place for the smaller children. I have visited many times and I enjoy the themes for the different areas.