“Very fun and breathtaking”
Review of Ruby Falls

Ruby Falls
Ranked #9 of 148 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this thundering 145-foot underground waterfall, a natural wonder within scenic Lookout Mountain.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very fun and breathtaking”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

First off, we had the best tour guide ever! He continuously made jokes and kept everything fun and interesting! I think that's what made our time in the cave so great! Seeing the different rock formations was fascinating and the waterfall was so beautiful! This is definitely a must-see if you are in the area! :)

1 Thank miltongurl05

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sellersburg, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Natural wonder...amazing,beautiful, awe inspiring”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The discovery of Ruby Falls is fascinating and the falls themselves just lovely. You decend into the cavern on an elevator that has a glass door so you can see the cavern walls as you go down. The walk to the falls is easy, with some nice rock formations. When you reach the waterfall it is just amazing. The water is crystal clear and absolutely breathtaking. We had Bruce as our guide and he was great!

1 Thank chadandmissy
Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Touristy but worth it.”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Let me start off by saying that I've never been in a cave that deep before, only tiny ones that barely count as caves. I'm now in love with caves!

First there was the parking. It's free (yay!) but it gets crowded. Then there's the almost $20 per person rate for tours. It isn't outrageous but it does seem a bit high. The tour guides were corny just like you'd expect but they were very nice. To enter the cave you take an elevator down and let me tell you, they pack you in tight! I'm fine with that but I'm sure others might not be. It was a short ride though so no worries there. You have your picture taken once you arrive which you can purchase later. The tour lasts a while and it's roughly a mile roundtrip. The formation were cool, at least to me, and I loved the information provided. Then again, I'm a total nerd. There's only a limited time allowed in the falls per group so that other groups get a turn. It's only fair even if it isn't what you want. The waterfall was GREAT. Especially with the lights and music (again, nerd) and the guides will take photos for you.

Overall I really enjoyed it but of course I've never been to any caves or caverns before. I'm absolutely going to see more after this. If you're a cave novice or nerd or you like waterfalls, take the time to see this!

2 Thank Ashzilla_23
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Wonderful natural experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Yes, the tour guides "script" is a little cheesy. Yes, parts of it are "touristy," however it is majestic. We thoroughly enjoyed the falls, and along with rock city, would be one of our reasons to return.

1 Thank abrooks1282
Wooster, Ohio
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Great falls! Atmosphere, not so much.”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The first thing I want to preface this review with is the falls were gorgeous and there were some nice formations. However, we have been to many caverns and this rates in the bottom. There were some nice formations but not nearly enough of them as in many other caverns, also no large rooms filled with formations. It wasn't very friendly as it was much like being herded cattle. You have to squish over to the side of the cave as other groups pass by and then continue on. It is very much a commercial experience...many lit up signs, posing everyone for pictures, stories told by videos on a tv or sound system rather then the tour guide. Overall, I would say to go to see the falls but if you are expecting much more you will be disappointed.

2 Thank Danielle B