“cave”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ruby Falls

Ruby Falls
Ranked #8 of 149 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this thundering 145-foot underground waterfall, a natural wonder located on the scenic Lookout Mountain.
Lookout Mountain, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cave”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

interesting cave tour, but a little dark and musky, sometimes feel rushed through it, the guides used the same "canned jokes" each trip

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lantern Tour was cool!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Did the Lantern Tour this weekend. It was my first time there but I thought it was really cool. I would like to see it with the lights on as well though. I feel like I missed a lot because the group walking in front of us kept lagging and the guide would walk away before we could see anything. I feel it's way to expensive though.

Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Lovely Family Attraction”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Upon arrival to the impressive stone 'home' of Ruby Falls, the history behind the falls is immediately accessable. Tours depart at frequent, regular intervals daily with fully knowledgable guides leading the way through the cave. In my opinion it would have been enough to have the guides point out the numerous rock formations as opposed to all the 'cheesy' signs with arrows. The hour long tour was an easy walk thanks to an elevator ride down the initial 1000 ft. The piece de risistance--the falls were dramatically presented with crescending music and changing coloured lights. The cave was very clean and free of bugs and bats (thank goodness!). It was refreshing that the only trash I saw was the scrawl of the odd vandal or two who felt it necessary to deface the space with their initials or such. Really?! We found the admission fee very reasonable given the whole experience lasted at least an hour and a half. Upon exit there's an exhaustive gift shop where you'll be propositioned with the photo the staff took of you when you started the tour. The lookout at the top of the entry boasts a lovely panoramic view.

Visited December 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Fun times!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've been a dozen times. Its was my favorite as a child. My husband calls it decapitation hwy bc he is 6'3''. He will just have to get over it bc I plan on sharing this with our daughter we she is old enough to walk through it herself. I would never consider taking her now kids get heavy quickly. I suggest buying tickets in advanced to avoid lines.

Ringgold, Georgia
“nice”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

local lovely just lovely fun cool great gifts family oriented plenty of close parking friendly staff interesting elevator and tour of cavern and underground falls

Visited September 2012