“DISAPPOINTED”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

In the past I have loved eating at Blue Orleans Downtown. The food & service was great and it was a special treat. This New Years Eve, my husband called to get a reservation and was told the restaurant would close at 7:30 but if we got there at 6:15-6:30 we would be fine. We got there at 6:15. We waited quite a while to just get a table at the very front, where it was very cold (I had to keep my coat on the whole time). There was a long table reserved for the party at 7:30, but there were other tables available. They put the closed signed in the door right after we arrived, but continued to let people in. The hostess was very good and very personable, but our waiter was horrible. The steak with shrimp was just so so, not like in the past. And then the waiter totally messed up our check. The owner was not there, and neither of the waiters did not know what to do, and very unprofessional. They were not able to contact the owner and our special night out turned into a mess. The service was so slow we didn't leave until 9:00. I don't know what happened but we will probably not be back. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

There are newer reviews for Blue Orleans

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had my birthday dinner here and very glad that I did. I was very please with the food, service and atmosphere of the restaurant. I, and a few of my guests are from Louisiana and very particular about the food. We give them an A! The service was excellent even though she had to deal with our large group. It is a little pricey, so I won't go as much as I want to. also, the get to the rest rooms, you have to go outside the restaurant and use a key.. Kinda odd, but not a big inconvienence. I understand that this use to be a bank building.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Been here many times. Chef Mike and his family put on a very authentic experience.
Try the bread pudding. Ask for vanilla ice cream with it and tell them you saw it here.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate at Blue Orleans a week or so ago while staying at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. Since it was the night of a Presidential debate, business was slow and the restaurant was just closing up as we arrived. They opened back up for us (a party of 10 or so) and we then proceeded to have a fabulous meal with incredible service. The food was amazing, the staff was hospitable and everyone enjoyed their meals. It was so good, some of us went back again the next time and had another superb meal! HIGHLY recommend this restaurant for food AND service!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Well, this happens.
I walked from the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel (large, sprawling venue) to the Blue Orleans late on a Wednesday night- arriving at 8:50 p.m.
The sign in the door said: "...to 9:00 p.m."
But, they had the "closed" sign in the window. The door was open. I entered and asked one of the servers if indeed they were still seating customers.
The answer was "No."
I do understand that if there are no customers, it's silly for the staff to hang around.
However, one would assume that the "operating hours" would be honored.
Indeed, sometimes travelers do arrive into their hotels late.
Shame, too, as the hotel staff raved about this restaurant- even gave me a "coupon" for a free glass of wine.
Well, as I leave Chattanooga tomorrow, maybe...
I cannot rate the restaurant for service, food, value, atmosphere, or anything else.

1  Thank Thomas S